Zero turn mower rear tires

A_tank96

Threads
Does anyone know if I would be able to put larger tire than what's factory installed on my zero turn? I use 18x7.5-8 tires, and I'm wondering if I got the same wheel size, if I could maybe upgrade to 19 or something.:biggrin:

txzrider

Threads
you would have to relevel your deck.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does anyone know if I would be able to put larger tire than what's factory installed on my zero turn? I use 18x7.5-8 tires, and I'm wondering if I got the same wheel size, if I could maybe upgrade to 19 or something.:biggrin:

I'm assuming were talking about the Toro in your avatar. If you decide to go larger I'd check with the dealer and find out if your drives would handle anything larger or not. If you're running the EZT drive units I'd leave it alone. Just my :2cents:

A_tank96

Threads
Yes, the one in the avatar is mine. How would i relevel my deck? I was actually thinking about going to 18x8.5, one inch wider. Would that small of a tire differenc be a big change on the pressure on the drives? Yes, they are hydro-gear ezt, bought the mower from a dealer, not home depot or lowes. :wink:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, the one in the avatar is mine. How would i relevel my deck? I was actually thinking about going to 18x8.5, one inch wider. Would that small of a tire differenc be a big change on the pressure on the drives? Yes, they are hydro-gear ezt, bought the mower from a dealer, not home depot or lowes. :wink:

You wouldn't have to re-level the deck if you stay with the 18. You want to go to a 18x8.5 from the 18x7.5 so your looking at a total of two inches. I'd like to ask why and what you are trying to accomplish, what are you gaining. Is what your trying to accomplish worth possibly $220 plus tax?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You may also start tearing up the lawns, due to a wider foot print and different turning radius.

A_tank96

Threads
Well, I wanted to switch to the bigger ones because of two reasons. One is I'd like to get better traction, and two because the Toro brand 18x7.5 tires are rare, and cost more than two carlisle turf tires.
I dont think I would be tearing up the lawn, as I know how to drive a ztr. What do you think.

txzrider

Threads
As long as you only go wider, you wont have any issues. But be careful, wider than the deck will cause you to have to be care cause you will crush grass and might leave uncut grass. If taller, then you would have to relevel. Years ago I put Snappers "High Traction" kit on my Snapper, it was comprised of 2 ag type tires mounted on new wheels. They solved all my traction issues except in my case the wheels were wider than the 33 inch deck. So I had to be careful.