WHAT DO YOU DO WITH LEAVES IN THE FALL?

What do you do with leaves in the fall?

• Total voters
Threads
Personally I rake them up or suck them up with my mower and put them at the curb.
If you have another thing you do, say it below.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Personally I rake them up or suck them up with my mower and put them at the curb.
If you have another thing you do, say it below.

I don't have a that problem really. Any lawns where I have leaves are minimal at best so most of the time the Gator Blades take care of the problem.

John Hutterer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Our county has two locations where leaves and grass can be dropped off. They then chop up the debris and make huge compost piles out of it. In the spring, any county resident can stop by and pick up free compost. I have taken several loads over on my trailer, and they have charged me $6 per load to drop it off. The trailer is 6.5 x 9 x 2.5 feet, or roughly 5.5 cubic yards. I guess that the compost isn't totally free, since I pay to drop off my debris, but I think that it's still a good deal.

Gregster

Threads
Mulch them into the grass for me.

Reactions: sef

valveguy

Threads
Mulch them into the grass for me.

I tried mulching for a couple of years and I had more weeds than ever before. So I put my bagger back on and started composting. I used to burn my cuttings. Composting takes a lot less effort and time The Hi-Vac on my Snapper picks up a lot of loose topsoil but I recover it in the long run.

slammed

Threads
I blow most of them in to the woods.

hikerpat

Threads
Last year, the city picked up leaves, curb-side, only one time. Of course, I lost the grass!
This year, I'm raking and/or blowing leaves into several piles, then raking them onto a tarp. I haul the tarp to the compost pile, one tarp-full at a time, and run the mower over them. Woo-hoo! Talk about a huge time-saver! Add all the leave mulch to kitchen scrapings and wood ash, and I get yummy compost for vegetable gardening the next summer.
Then, there's the problem of the neighbors' leaves, which don't get touched until every leaf is off the tree. I have to keep them raked on the median between the properties, as I do the mowing, fertilizing, over-seeding, raking, etc. By the time the tree is empty, most of them are in my yard. I think those kids are on to something! What do you think?

JD X485SE

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mulch them, sweep them up with the lawn sweeper, and dump them in the burn pile.