Newby's first post

valveguy

Threads
Hello ya'll. I thank you for accepting me to this forum. I have already looked around before writing this and I am really pleased at what I have seen. My reason for finding you is that I was having a problem with my 1992(?) Snapper RER and I was looking in the old threads for someone who might have had a similar problem in the past. I found several interesting posts which made me think about what might be the possible causes for my problems. Since that time, maybe a couple of weeks, I was able to find and correct the actual causes for the problem I was having. So see, I already owe ya'll a big ol' "Thank you!" for helping me get back into the race and enabling me to be back in the saddle of my Snapper 331314BE.

I found my Snapper in 2007 when, while on a business trip about 200 miles from home, I happened to be in a Snapper store for the purpose of buying some parts for my other Snapper. While I was waiting at the parts counter the original owner came in and I overheard him telling a salesman he had blown the engine and he was interested in looking at a new Snapper ZTR. I recognized an opportunity there so I waited for him to complete his deal and introduced myself and asked what he intended to do with his old mower and he allowed me to come by his house to look at it and I ended up buying it for $100. It was very well maintained and had two new and unused bags with it.

I went through it, installed a 12.5 Briggs I/C with new rings and I ended up with a like new 33" mower to replace my older 28" Snapper RER which I had bought for $300. twelve years earlier. I have removed the deck from the 28" mower and am planning to dedicate it to pulling my 4' x 8' trailer around the yard.

Well, I will stop boring you. Thank you again for making this site available to me. I may not be a frequent poster but I will be reading and searching the old threads for useful information. I will update my profile later but right now I have to get back to work because my lunch break is just about over.

Later,
Valveguy