Old lawnboys and parts

dave1978

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I'm new to the forum my name is Dave.I have 3 lawnboys I'm working on a 7021 bricktop that has been in the family since I believe the mid to late 60's.Today my brother and I picked up picked up a 5074 and a 5270 on Craigslist for $40 for both. We fooled with them and got both running.The question I have is where to get carb kits for the 5074 and 5270.They both run but one has a small fuel leak and just want to go through and do the maintence . The 7021 shuts down when it warms up[no spark] any common problems seen on this one before?As for the air filters the had homemade air filters no letting enough air through.Where is a good place to get air filters for these as well.

darrelldlongsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Excellent buy! I have a 5000 model Lawnboy with the ironhorse engine...its beautiful...so yes they are worth restoring completely....and well worth alot after that.

robinb66

Threads
Hi I'm new to the forum my name is Dave.I have 3 lawnboys I'm working on a 7021 bricktop that has been in the family since I believe the mid to late 60's.Today my brother and I picked up picked up a 5074 and a 5270 on Craigslist for $40 for both. We fooled with them and got both running.The question I have is (where to get carb kits for the 5074 and 5270.They both run but one has a small fuel leak and just want to go through and do the maintence . The 7021 shuts down when it warms up[no spark] any common problems seen on this one before?As for the air filters the had homemade air filters no letting enough air through.Where is a good place to get air filters for these as well).

go ta
o jacks small engine on the net, just google it also you can check ebay!!

bwright1818

Threads
If you go to Lawn Boy's official web site, and start an account, you can have the OEM parts shipped to your doorstep. Sometimes, their prices are actually cheaper than eBay prices on aftermarket stuff, such as the air filters. You have to compare the two ways of buying, and make your desision. As far as carb KITS, I don't know.....Some individual parts are always available, like the floats. Be advised that Lawn Boys can multiply like rabbits. Better make some room in your shed.....

Phototone

Threads
Another excellent source for many Lawnboy parts is Tulsa Engine Warehouse. (They have web site and web ordering). Plenty of carb kits. Lots of other things, Rings, Pistons, Air Filters, magnetos, etc. Possibly the lowest prices around on many items.