SUCH A SIMPLE THING; WITH SUCH A BAD OUTCOME!

Threads
I was thinking about how in the spring, I had a very busy day, with lots lof lawns to get done. I could not have any problems, or else I would not have been able to get all the lawns done. And guess what I had...A PROBLEM! I was mowing a yard, and the grass was SUPER high. I didn't see a simple piece of string in the yard, until it was too late. Next thing I know...my mower would only go half the speed it usually went. Why? Because the piece of string was wrapped around my axle so tightly it couldn't hardly move. It took a good 20 mins to cut the string from off the axle. A simple thing.....with a super bad outcome!
:smiley_aafz:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You just never know what is in a yard.
I have done bank owned yards that where 2 to 3 feet tall I have hit bricks steel pipes the worst was a bike rim. The out come is always bad. Cost time and money.
I know guys that have destroyed a high Dollar ZTR in a year that's why I used old craftsman riders I could replace the whole mower minus the engine for a $100

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Lawnranger

Threads
I was thinking about how in the spring, I had a very busy day, with lots lof lawns to get done. I could not have any problems, or else I would not have been able to get all the lawns done. And guess what I had...A PROBLEM! I was mowing a yard, and the grass was SUPER high. I didn't see a simple piece of string in the yard, until it was too late. Next thing I know...my mower would only go half the speed it usually went. Why? Because the piece of string was wrapped around my axle so tightly it couldn't hardly move. It took a good 20 mins to cut the string from off the axle. A simple thing.....with a super bad outcome!

Start looking for and adding back up equipment as time and money will allow. If you haven't already, start an equipment upgrade/replacement fund that way you will have the cash to buy a new piece of equipment today if, suppose a connecting rod lets loose or some other catastrophic failure happens. If you loose an important piece of equipment you loose time and money so ask yourself which cost more and act accordingly.

I have a business friend that rotates his handheld equipment every week as he has two of everything.

Threads
I am glad I have a backup mower now, in case that happens again....and I am looking for another mower also because my backup mower stinks! I had to tip my NEW mower over today and I realized that there was tons of string under it also! Who knew?!?!? :laughing:

D2hornets58

Threads

Thats why I hate to mow tall grass. you cant see whats in it so you dont know what youll hit. I also bag the grass and long grass always clogs it up.

Threads
Thats why I hate to mow tall grass. you cant see whats in it so you dont know what youll hit. I also bag the grass and long grass always clogs it up.

I said long grass....it was nothing like on some rental properties where it is 2 ft. tall.....it was maybe 5-6 inches tall, but tall enough to hide a piece of string!

tybilly

Threads
i hit a tee shirt and stopped everything dead in its tracks,,took the blade off and cut it off