Maintaining a Ride-On Mower

adan

Threads
From this forum, I figure that key maintenance procedures for ride-on mowers that are applicable to tropical climate include regularly sharpening blades and tuning up the engines. I'm not so clear about the rest yet. For example, what about the mower wheels?

Would any experienced ride-on mower owner list down a few more?

Thanks in advance :)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
From this forum, I figure that key maintenance procedures for ride-on mowers that are applicable to tropical climate include regularly sharpening blades and tuning up the engines. I'm not so clear about the rest yet. For example, what about the mower wheels?

Would any experienced ride-on mower owner list down a few more?

Thanks in advance :)

Maintenance required for ride on mowers (Tractors or the ZTR) are basically the same. Checking the oil level before starting, Check the Air cleaner and precleaner element and replace if necessary. Change the oil and oil filter regularly and more frequently under severe conditions, some will say they change annually I prefer every 25 hours myself. Change out spark plugs every 100 hours along with all gas filters. If you take the mower in for a regular maintenance check they'll check all the electrical things (batteries, Stators and such) and check the valves and do all that kind maintenance that needs to be done.

Hershey

Threads
Your owners manual should also give you a lot of suggestions or tips for what needs to be maintained and when. I'm a believer in manuals, though I know some folks will never really look at one.