New RZT-S leaves burned stains on my lawn right turns

KenM

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New RZT-S leaves burned stains on my lawn right turns
Brand new Cub Cadet RZT-S 46" riding mower I tired of having to work on my old Dixon so I plunked down the cash and bought the new Cub Cadet mower. Generally speaking I like the mower but have several issues I'd like to resolve. Deck is properly adjusted, mower is cleans and tight.

First problem is I mow a finely maintained Bermuda lawn, 1/2 acre of it. If I make right turns occasionally and often times consistently a day or two after mowing cickle shaped dead spots occur in the area where the right turns are made. There may be a dozen if them maybe only two. Dealer has looked the mower over cannot find a problem. Only source is chemicals, fuel and any hydraulic fluids. I put gauze over ALL possible leak points, mowed and found dead spots. No it is not burn marks from tires these are mild right turns. Gas tank full, half full near empty no matter it still happens.

Mower blades; they are thin and weak IMO not like the blades I used on an old Murray and the Dixon. The CC blades are easily tweaked and not cheap. I'd like to find a more rugged blade.

Lastly starter solenoid. It has been changed once and is now failing again. Click click click it won't engage the starter. I've tested it the starter solenoid was replaced under warranty by the dealer it is failing again?

My neighbor says I own a lemon yellow mower. I'm beginning to believe him. Sad too because all I wanted to do was mow and not fix problems

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

scott47429

Threads
I'm going to say its the exhaust since there have been alot of other people on here with the same problem the exhaust is blowing down onto the lawn and burning it there is someone out there that has made a kit to help this problem ask your dealer about it check to see if the exhaust is pointed down

possum

Threads
Sounds like when you go right the grass is is being pulled from its bed and twisting up in the blades Bermuda is bad to do that.

KenM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks like you could be onto the solution. Talked to my dealer this afternoon they were unaware of any fixes but were going to check into it. I'll fabricate a small deflector and go mow. Thanks!

CGB

Forum Newbie
Threads
actually, it burns the grass when the mower slows or stops, not just in right turns
after a bit of research on this site, found a simple adjustment that completely solved the problem

burned spots created on every mow Burns.jpg

removed rear bumper via two bolts ea side which releases the bumper assembly exposing the muffler and the deflector
note the direction of the deflector discharge from the factory, about 4 o'clock, towards the grass
by removing three small screws I re-clocked the deflector to 9 o'clock, no more burnt grass, anywhere :wink:
mower exhst.jpg