Old Jacobson Reel mower

Girthvader

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings
I inherited this mower and I was wondering if any could share knowledge about it? If there is any value in it as it is not running?
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Jacmower.jpg
    Jacmower.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Jacmower_pic2.jpg
    Jacmower_pic2.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 44
  • JacSerialnumber.jpg
    JacSerialnumber.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 42

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1950's Jacobson rotory mower. I had a manual someplace on that one, but don't know where I put it. Last time I worked on on was in the 80's. What is the name on the hand, please?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's a pretty cool old mower. I'd say it's worth saving/fixing. :thumbsup:

The engine is probably made by another company (not Jacobsen). Look for markings on it -- try to ID the engine as much as possible. That could help a lot.

Be careful about one thing before you try to start it. I'm guessing that it's a two-cycle engine... so you could do damage by running it on straight gasoline.

Jakesecor

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's likely a late 1960's Jacobsen based on the model number and the fact that the letter "J" has an elongated bottom of the "J" - this was changed from a tight bottom on the letter "J" made in the late 1960's/early 1970's. The model number indicates a reel mower (the first digit is "1") that has a 21" cut (the second two digits are "21") and the last two digits refer to the specific model. The engine is a 2-cycle "321" engine using either a 16:1 or 32:1 gas:eek:il mixture.