Narrowed to a couple ztr's, which one?

n2_space

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, i just bought a house a few weeks ago with about 1.3 acres, so now i need something bigger than my push mower :smile: i took a look at an emark s series 50" for 4k, a gravely zt xl 48" for the same price, or my neighbor is looking to sell his scag wildcat 52" with a stripper and sprayer for 3500, it has a little over 400 hours on it. The only reason he is selling it is they are moving to florida. So what does anyone think about these mowers and if the choice was yours, which one and why?

Thanks for any help! :smile:

scott47429

Threads
well that depends on what engine it has and is it commercial but i love my Exmark you won't go wrong with it

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello all, i just bought a house a few weeks ago with about 1.3 acres, so now i need something bigger than my push mower :smile: i took a look at an emark s series 50" for 4k, a gravely zt xl 48" for the same price, or my neighbor is looking to sell his scag wildcat 52" with a stripper and sprayer for 3500, it has a little over 400 hours on it. The only reason he is selling it is they are moving to Florida. So what does anyone think about these mowers and if the choice was yours, which one and why?

Out of the mowers mentioned I would have to go with the Scag Commercial mower, not that I'm a fan of Scag but it's just a lot more mower than the rest and with 400hrs on the engine it's just nicely broke in and would be a better buy. The Scag will last you for years. The others mentioned are residential mowers and although both maybe good mowers there are a lot of differences between those and the Scag Commercial, like Deck weight, Drives, Commercial grade engines and more.

Parkmower

Threads
Ric said:
Out of the mowers mentioned I would have to go with the Scag Commercial mower, not that I'm a fan of Scag but it's just a lot more mower than the rest and with 400hrs on the engine it's just nicely broke in and would be a better buy. The Scag will last you for years. The others mentioned are residential mowers and although both maybe good mowers there are a lot of differences between those and the Scag Commercial, like Deck weight, Drives, Commercial grade engines and more.

I agree. Although the price is prob fair I'd still try haggle him down a bit.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree scag is definately the best sounding of the three

n2_space

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks all so far for the advice! :smile:

ScagRider03

Threads
n2_space said:
Hello all, i just bought a house a few weeks ago with about 1.3 acres, so now i need something bigger than my push mower :smile: i took a look at an emark s series 50" for 4k, a gravely zt xl 48" for the same price, or my neighbor is looking to sell his scag wildcat 52" with a stripper and sprayer for 3500, it has a little over 400 hours on it. The only reason he is selling it is they are moving to florida. So what does anyone think about these mowers and if the choice was yours, which one and why?

If you pass up the scag get off the forum lol jk but obviously scaggy!!

n2_space

Forum Newbie
Threads
Throw one more monkey wrench into this with a fourth option, a gravely 2548xl with 200 hours on it for 2500.... ( neighbor on the other side) Still think the scag would be best?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes. I have used a ZT scag 36'' for years now and only a few problems here and there love it