Leaf vacuum

pollyannasmum

Threads
I'm afraid the weather is turning cold and windy and the next thing we will have to contend with will be the piles of leaves as we are surrounded by trees. I'm wondering if it's worth investing in a leaf vacuum. Anyone got one of these?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Leaf blowers work good ... Vacuum's not so good... They tend to plug up and just leave a LOT to be desired...

Your best bet is a mower with a bagger if you really want to collect them... Or just mow them into your lawn... :smile:KennyV

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a leaf vacum. Don't buy one. It's actually called a lawn vac. It has an engine but I can't figure out what it's good for. Runs good, nice and smooth, quiet. I'll sell it.....

pollyannasmum

Threads
I have a leaf vacum. Don't buy one. It's actually called a lawn vac. It has an engine but I can't figure out what it's good for. Runs good, nice and smooth, quiet. I'll sell it.....

Hah, I'd buy it but the postage costs from Florida would be prohibitive! In any case, seems that they aren't recommended. The trouble is we get leaves not only on the lawn but all over the gravel paths, the roadway and in funny corners so no chance of just mowing them up.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hah, I'd buy it but the postage costs from Florida would be prohibitive! In any case, seems that they aren't recommended. The trouble is we get leaves not only on the lawn but all over the gravel paths, the roadway and in funny corners so no chance of just mowing them up.

Hmm maybe that's what it's good for, gravel and asphalt. I have neither.
Why won't a leaf blower work?

EZ Dump

Forum Newbie
Threads
You might want to take a look at my EZ Dump Lawn Vacuum. After many years getting fighting almost two acres of leaves from over 60 oak trees I finally came up with a system that really works. The conventional lawn vacs all did a good job of sucking up leaves and getting them in the container but getting those packed leaves out of the container was not easy and the older I got the harder it became. My first attempts at making the job easier consisted of winches, sliding devices, and cranks and cables none of which worked well and wound up in the junk pile. The challenge as I saw it was to get those leaves out of the tow behind container without leaving the seat of the lawn mower. The sticking points was removing the hose going to the container and getting the tailgate out of the way. I finally came up with the idea of an interior dump bed which would get the leaves out of the container without moving the outer shell of the container. After much trial and error(mostly error) I came up with a small cardboard model which seemed to work. To make this a short story; after many years and 4 prototypes my EZ Dump is now in production. Then I did the really hard part which was getting a patent which was finally granted in May 2013. For a look at a video of one of my prototypes go to youtube and type in EZ Dump. Three production models will be ready by December and will hit the spring lawn and garden shows around Lebanon Missouri to promote them. Would appreciate any comments.

PVHIII

Threads
You might want to take a look at my EZ Dump Lawn Vacuum. After many years getting fighting almost two acres of leaves from over 60 oak trees I finally came up with a system that really works. The conventional lawn vacs all did a good job of sucking up leaves and getting them in the container but getting those packed leaves out of the container was not easy and the older I got the harder it became. My first attempts at making the job easier consisted of winches, sliding devices, and cranks and cables none of which worked well and wound up in the junk pile. The challenge as I saw it was to get those leaves out of the tow behind container without leaving the seat of the lawn mower. The sticking points was removing the hose going to the container and getting the tailgate out of the way. I finally came up with the idea of an interior dump bed which would get the leaves out of the container without moving the outer shell of the container. After much trial and error(mostly error) I came up with a small cardboard model which seemed to work. To make this a short story; after many years and 4 prototypes my EZ Dump is now in production. Then I did the really hard part which was getting a patent which was finally granted in May 2013. For a look at a video of one of my prototypes go to youtube and type in EZ Dump. Three production models will be ready by December and will hit the spring lawn and garden shows around Lebanon Missouri to promote them. Would appreciate any comments.

I WANT ONE..I sent you a private message witb my contact information.. check your alerts at the top of the page and you'll find it..I just live a couple hours south of you...that's an amazing piece of equipment and I'd have to guess you have an engineering degree...congrats... good to see your perseverance and hard work paying off

BHLC

Threads
We have a billy goat debris loader. It's a lawn vac, only the intake plugs when wet leaves are sucked up. A quick hit on the ground fixes that. Sucks up the leaves and blows them into the truck.

Attachments

• image-2706183887.jpg
    image-2706183887.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image-654226461.jpg
    image-654226461.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 28
  • image-4185249884.jpg
    image-4185249884.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 26
Threads
We have a billy goat debris loader. It's a lawn vac, only the intake plugs when wet leaves are sucked up. A quick hit on the ground fixes that. Sucks up the leaves and blows them into the truck.

Leaves blower may seem good for you, as it can remove leaves from unreachable corners and can help to make all area clean, it is cost effective than leafs vacuum, mowers can also be good option for you.

Threads
Leaves blower may seem good for you, as it can remove leaves from unreachable corners and can help to make all area clean, it is cost effective than leafs vacuum, mowers can also be good option for you.