Kevlar vs. Non-Kevlar Belts on a Zero Turn Mower

BobManna

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does anyone have an opinion about whether or not using Kevlar belts on a mower (a Country Clipper) makes a difference?

Also, I've been told that since my belt keeps breaking or coming off, to check the level of the pulleys. They seem level... but, how exact do they have to be?

Any help would be appreciated.

txzrider

Threads
I have less than 30 hours on my country clipper... so I dont think I will be any help. But may I ask how many hours you had on yours when this started? Are you sure all your spindles are in good shape? which model Country clipper do you have?

BobManna

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have less than 30 hours on my country clipper... so I dont think I will be any help. But may I ask how many hours you had on yours when this started? Are you sure all your spindles are in good shape? which model Country clipper do you have?

I have a two-year old 42" JayZee. The spindles are good. One pulley was knocked off level by a limb. After I realigned it, it still throws/breaks belts.

Before the incident, it worked perfectly.

txzrider

Threads
I am willing to bet you still have an alignment issue. That is the only thing that makes sense. And to be clear it is the blade belt that is breaking and not a drive belt?

hitmanharleyk

Threads
Does anyone have an opinion about whether or not using Kevlar belts on a mower (a Country Clipper) makes a difference?

Also, I've been told that since my belt keeps breaking or coming off, to check the level of the pulleys. They seem level... but, how exact do they have to be?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevlar belts won't stretch as much and will give you a better chance of them staying on. Regular industrial belts are made to be put on equipment that runs steady, not a start and stop like mowers do.

oldyellr

Threads
Kevlar belts are a must if the belt makes any reverse turns or is tensioned by a pulley against the back of the belt. The cheap black belts will not stand up to reverse flexing very long.