Choice of Spark Plugs

Ariena

Threads
What is your preference of spark plug make for your machines?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
As long as they are the right heat range personally I don't see a difference. They all do the same job. Now years age when I was working as a truck mechanic we did run across a brand of plugs that the porcelain would break off and hit the top of the piston. I am not real sure what the brand it was being so long ago but it seems like it was Champion plugs. I am going back into the early 60's and am sure they have fixed the problem. I don't think they even sell large gas powered trucks anymore only pickup trucks????

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
NGK Spark Plugs, Champion would be second choice.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Champion Plugs, NGK Spark would be second choice.

Lawnranger

Threads
I use what the manufacturer recommends. The manufacturer designed, engineered and built the particular piece of equipment to operate ideally with a specific spark plug or equivalent.

scott47429

Threads
i agree with lawnranger the manufacture know what there doing so they mated the engine to the best plug for it so i always put in what would come it it new

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just curious what difference do you see in different brands of spark plugs? If you got the right plug for what ever peace of equipment its in. I just can't see what difference it makes because as I see it they all do the same job. Start better,run better, last longer, cheaper to buy, easier to find, you must have a reason??? which I don't understand. I know different style plugs last longer which cost more to buy but I have never seen any different in the way the engine starts or runs by brand plugs that's in it. Just curious nothing else. I know as for myself I buy what ever brand the store has which I am buying it from.

scott47429

Threads
wel i use the one the engine came out with cause like i said they know what there doing and i dont beleave everything i read about how great the diffrent type of plugs are i think its just alot of money spent to get you to pay alot of money for something thats not any better as far as cars go the platinum plugs are good for 100,000 miles but i have seen them fail at 30 and 40,000 and face it how many of us will put 100,000 miles on there mower thats why i go with the original plugs

Lawnranger

Threads
Just curious what difference do you see in different brands of spark plugs? If you got the right plug for what ever peace of equipment its in. I just can't see what difference it makes because as I see it they all do the same job. Start better,run better, last longer, cheaper to buy, easier to find, you must have a reason??? which I don't understand. I know different style plugs last longer which cost more to buy but I have never seen any different in the way the engine starts or runs by brand plugs that's in it. Just curious nothing else. I know as for myself I buy what ever brand the store has which I am buying it from.

That's why I ended my previous post with "or equivalent" and when you use what the manufacturer recommends you can't go wrong. By the way, the difference I see in different brands of spark plugs are the color and size of the letters they use to designate what plug it is, the shape of the porcelain insulator and the fancy colors on the box. Use what works best for you in your particular situation.

Back in the day if a GM vehicle came into the shop it got AC Delco plugs, Chrysler got Champion and Ford got Motorcraft because I found it did make a difference in the way the engine responded. Now the computer can compensate for just about any kind of driving condition and it may make a whole lot less difference.