Converting Engine in 1820 hopper

204saskman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a grasshopper 1820 that was giiven to me cause the ol briggs gave up in it. Now i have a 20hp GX620 honda that im trying to install into the mower. I have it mounted into the mower but i need to try and gifure out the wiring from the grasshopper to convert it to the honda. Now the honda has its own litte ignition box and so does the grass hopper, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

204saskman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well i got the motor all mounted and the coupling made to connect the front of it to the mower. i had to do some wiring extension and such but nothing big. I removed the factory wiring as it did no use to me as i couldnt connect the honda stuff to it. Ill post some pictures one day soon here for you guys to see.

kdlklm

Forum Newbie
Threads
That sounds pretty cool, I did the exact same thing to my 1820. I put a Honda GX 690 in it. I would like to see some pictures of yours.

204saskman

Forum Newbie
Threads
That sounds pretty cool, I did the exact same thing to my 1820. I put a Honda GX 690 in it. I would like to see some pictures of yours.

I actually used the mower for about 15 minutes and the motor reved out and threw a rod threw the block. So I ended up selling it to a fellow who put a kubota diesel in it and I bought a deere f620 now.