something to put around rose bushes.

msaeger

Threads
I have rose bushes in front of my house and need to put something around them.

I tried mulch around other bushes and the problem with that was it would blow all over so now I have rocks around them.

I kinda don't want more rocks so I am look for something else.

I saw some stuff you spray on the mulch that is supposed to keep it in place. Does that really work? If that worked I would get mulch.

ForumRunner_20120727_194939.png

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have rose bushes in front of my house and need to put something around them.

I tried mulch around other bushes and the problem with that was it would blow all over so now I have rocks around them.

I kinda don't want more rocks so I am look for something else.

I saw some stuff you spray on the mulch that is supposed to keep it in place. Does that really work? If that worked I would get mulch.

View attachment 7705
The best mulch I ever used was cotton seed hulls. Once they are wet they seem to be locked in place and are great for moisture retention. The only negative I found was having free range chickens. A chicken hen can throw them several feet scratching for a microscopic piece of corn that got transplanted into the CS hulls at the feed mill. After they became somewhat cost prohibitive I found wheat straw to be excellent.

Never tried stuff one sprays and don't really have the desire to.

Threads
If you want mulch, just look up that product (the Enviro-hold) online, and look at the reviews. I am guessing it would work, though.