Mower deck John Deere D-130

Paul R.

Threads
Hi guys - I'm wondering whether I made a mistake in buying a John Deere D-130 tractor last fall??? I was not too happy with it's leaf pick-up results, during the fall, no matter what type of blade I put on it. Now I'm noticing that when I mow grass around a circular bordered edge, the grass is shorter on the outside cut compared to the inside height cut??? - I would say any where from a 1/2 to 1 inch difference. I even go slower on the radius to avoid a lean away from the circle - any suggestions?? I am very disapointed on the quality of lawn cut I get from this model tractor and deck!

xp14629

Threads
Take it to the dealer and have them relevel the deck.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is odd because I find John Deere gives a good cut. I am not that familiar with the model D-130 but have found on other model JDs the decks are adjustable. Like said before bring it to a dealer or it isn't that bad to do it yourself. Just set it on a hard level surface and with a ruler level front to back and side to side. I am sure once you look at it you will see how the adjustments work.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
But if deck was not level why only when he turns a sharp circle

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
But if deck was not level why only when he turns a sharp circle

Yes I see what you mean, It also looks like maybe the mower is less then a year old. Like I said any of the John Deeres I have ever cut grass with do a good job. So I would say there has to be a problim. Why wouldn't John Deer repair this mower under warranty or will they?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
As every one knows I am not a fan of JD
But I do agree they cut good and ride nice and the dealer should fix it.

I helped my brother inlaw cut his yard with his JD it's about a year old very nice mower to use.

Do all four tires have the same PSI.
Does it do it if you go counter clockwise and clockwise

Paul R.

Threads
Hi Guys - Thank you for the quick feed backs on my question. Yes my tractor is still under warranty till September '12. I like all the various answers I got, the only one I didn't get a chance to check was the tire pressure although on a hard surface, like my driveway, the tractor is level. In regard to which way I go in a circle it didn't make a difference since I tried both directions and I always get a shorter cut on the outside edge of the circle. I owned a Toro Wheel Horse before this tractor and had no problem doing clean edge to edge leaf pick ups nor did I have any height difference going around the same trees that I'm doing with th D-130?? So you ask why did I give it up - simple - 13 Hp versus 22Hp makes a big difference when I'm towing a plug aerator behind - double the power!! Thanx again guys

Jhon

Threads
You said you used all kinds of blades, but did you try the John Deere High Lift blades?

This make a world of difference to me in leaf pickup and shoot clogs. I was just sorry it took me 3 years to find them.

OldDeere

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree completely on this! The AM141034 high-lift blade works best on this unit, especially if you are bagging. If that doesn't help I'd highly recommend having your dealer take a look at it since it is under warranty. Many times the tech can offer a couple of suggestions on the phone too. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you!