Grrr, Home Depot~

Madi

Threads
I am so angry with Home Depot. My husband called home depot and asked if they had plywood that was finished on one side, they assured him there was, so he drove almost an hour to the store and when he got there they didn't have it at all. Made me mad. They told him he must have been talking to this specific person, perhaps they should fire that person if they do not know what they are talking about!

briggs

Threads
you get that a lot anymore and i find they like to play pass the buck to ....Customer service is not a big thing anymore with a lot of these places

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am so angry with Home Depot. My husband called home depot and asked if they had plywood that was finished on one side, they assured him there was, so he drove almost an hour to the store and when he got there they didn't have it at all. Made me mad. They told him he must have been talking to this specific person, perhaps they should fire that person if they do not know what they are talking about!

Sorry your husband wasted his time but if I had to drive someplace an hour away I'd be frickin' positive the store had what I wanted. It baffles me that the HD didn't have what he wanted...did he require some special thickness or type of cabinet grade plywood, like 5/16 inch thick walnut veneer?

I shop at Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, and am old enough to remember shopping at Builder's Square, and for those who live in the Midwest, when the Meijers stores sold ten grades of 4X8 plywood, insulation, and PICKUP CAPS.

And if I may elaborate on the subject, although the current Big 3 home center stores make an issue that "we have qualified and experienced staff to serve your needs" talk is cheap. An example: Six months ago I was at the local HD, and they had a sign next to the selection of Lawn Boy mowers that stated they were "mulch, bagging, and side discharge ready". I wanted one that was side discharge, so the "qualified and experienced" staff who asked if I needed help opened up four boxes of new Lawn Boy mowers trying to learn how they could use the SD mode. He could not find one so called over the section manager who couldn't figure it out either.

Go figure...they sure couldn't. :confused2:

stanley

Threads
Customer service has been lacking in those places for a long time now. I guess if one store slacks off on it, the others feel they can follow suit.

monica123

Threads
I have had issues in the past as well, with my Ryobi Trimmer, it was a huge piece of junk and finally after fighting and fighting I got a new one out of the company.

briggs

Threads
its sad to see all these company's acting like this towards there customers....I will tell you a story that happened to me in 1994...I have always done my own work on my cars and the wife's cars ...Well one day i get a phone a call from the girl friend at the time ..The car had blown a lower rad hose ..i was tied up at the shop and had no place or time to fit it in so i told her to have the car floated To crappy tire (she was like a block away from there )and have the hose changed ..The car was a 1990 cav with low k ...So anyways i call ahead and tell them the scoop ..They say yup we will get it done right away for you mike ...So anyways i was still at work and i get a phone call again from her this time shes almost home at the time we lived 25 min out off town and says the car just quit and the over heat light came on ...Well now i am ticked off ..So i drive out to the car popped the hood and see that they changed the wrong hose they did the upper not the lower ..Well it blew the head gasket this time ..So i calls them up in the morning and ask them what house they changed ..I get we changed the lower like you said ..I said really humm thats funny i have a nice new upper and the lower has a hole in it i can see anti freeze spraying out of it ..They tried to say i was wrong and so on so i had it floated right to there front door and showed them ..I got well um i don't know how that could happen and so on ..I asked them what they where going to do about the motor ..They said nothing its not are fault she drove it till it blew the head gasket ...I lost my mind ..I fought with them for a almost a year about it they ended up refunding me for the so called repair they did and tryed to give me some kind of discount i said no thanks my car will never come here again thanks ...The engine cost me $800 at the time and that was with my discount plus i had to put it in ..It makes mad just thinking about it now lol

noodle

Threads
I would think that service would get better when times are tough because people would work harder to make sure they keep their jobs. It is rather sad when you see service getting worse instead.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Often times it is not store policy to give minimal customer service... It's inexperienced employees and cut back on qualified supervision...

The large hardware/building material places DO carry a lot of things you will use... BUT you are going to have to be aware of what your looking for and what you really need...

They carry a lot of things. there are some items I would never consider buying from them... and there are many things that I do get there... :smile:KennyV

greggn

Threads
I used to deliver to their garden center. When there you felt like a fire hydrant at a dog show.:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well ya see it's like this .... back in the "ol-days" folks used to get these HUGE catalogs in the mail or at the stores they visited, they were filled with everything from tiny paper-clips to automotive tires, the information provided was usually very thorough, thus if not knowing what a 1/2 inch steel pipe plug was or what size undershorts to buy your grandson, you found that information in the product's description, and informational pages, people usually browsed these catalog's and learned what things were, and were used for, I myself thought the 3 inch thick Sears-Roebuck catalog was more interesting than comic books when I was a kid......... of course, a lot of folks thought I was too "nosey" about too many things, BUT I sure learned a lot of useful things in my day. I really do miss the ol Mom & Pop hardware stores where the folks almost ALWAYS knew what they & you were talking about and could find exactly what you came there for, and you could buy just 1 of an item, instead of a package of 10, or a box of 50 ... :frown: