Grrr, Home Depot~

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
What did your husband mean by the specification"finished on one side?"
Finished as like paneling? Stained and varnished?

Or, did he mean sanded or smooth on one side??

There are many different grades of plywood: A/B, B/C, C/D, etc.
The higher the letter (B higher than A, C higher than B, etc.), the rougher the finish and the fewer plies.
Also interior and exterior grades.

I think the problem may exist due to differences in terminology.......

MowerMike

Threads
I haven’t used a telephone to call a human being at a store about stock of certain items in years. Home Depot and many others have very good smartphone Apps that will not only determine availability, but will also provide you with the precise location in each store. You can also scan a barcode on an item in your possession to determine if it’s sold in your local store. Of course, you need to know what you are looking for, but I can usually find someone at the store who can be helpful. Also, it helps where I live that I am fluent in Spanish. :D

As to plywood issue in the OP, I take it to mean unfinished on both sides, but one nice side with no cracks or knots that can be stained or painted. I did that recently when I boarded up a broken glass sliding door, and only needed to caulk and paint on the outside.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Quote: "As to plywood issue in the OP, I take it to mean unfinished on both sides, but one nice side with no cracks or knots that can be stained or painted. I did that recently when I boarded up a broken glass sliding door, and only needed to caulk and paint on the outside."

No knots or cracks is pretty much considered "A" sided plywood, and may be difficult to find without going to birch or oak, or maybe apple ply...

Couldn't get to reply to the quote by clicking "Reply With Quote." Dunno what is wrong .