What Would be Your Top Three Ride-on Mower Brands?

adan

Threads
I see several brands featured in this forum. I wonder which of these you would consider your top three brands for ride-on mowers? Please consider ability to handle hot tropical climate and durability.

Thanks in advance!

:smile:

Honey

Threads
I'm curious to know the answer to this as well. I just bought a sweet John Deere for a steal and its really the only mower I have ever bought, my late husband used to do all the buying.

briggs

Threads
my fav 3 mind you i am talking older ....are the Cub cadet ,JD,and Jacobsen/Homlite and i know you said 3 but i have to list Simplicity to

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My three favorite brands would be Cub Cadet, Honda and Husqvarna and were talking ZTR's with the exception being the Honda push. Will not own another tractor.

grnspot110

Threads
Older; John Deere, Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse.

Newer; John Deere, John Deere, maybe Husqvarna. New Cb Cadets are just MTDs!

adan

Threads
Thanks for all your replies! I truly appreciate them. I just get a bit disoriented by the terms "older" and "newer" and "MTD" :) What do those terms mean?

grnspot110

Threads
Thanks for all your replies! I truly appreciate them. I just get a bit disoriented by the terms "older" and "newer" and "MTD" :) What do those terms mean?

I would classify "older" as being 10 or more years old, which is what I prefer! :smile:

Newer means the "less than 10 years" models, including new from the dealer! ~~ grnspot110

173abn

Threads
adan,I see you live in the Phillippines so not sure what brands you can get there,there may be European models available to you that we do'nt have here in the states but my top three would be Grasshopper,Ventrac and Kubota..I perfer diesel but that's just me.If Yanmar made a mower ,which I don't believe they do then it would be up there too. russ

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Older; John Deere, Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse.

Newer; John Deere, John Deere, maybe Husqvarna. New Cb Cadets are just MTDs!

What does that mean? New Cub Cadets are just MTDs

briggs

Threads
What does that mean? New Cub Cadets are just MTDs

MTD bought them..I use to love the old MTDs ..But then they started to make them very cheaply they own alot of stuff now ...Most of there stuff is sold in the big box stores ...