garye19355

Forum Newbie
Threads
Name is Gary , live in Texas. We have 50 acres and mow about 8 acres of it. we have 2 scag mowers with 60" decks. The first one we bought was in 1984, SR18-B Tractor and SM61 cutter deck. this is a front wheel drive, 3 wheeler , with the driver sitting just above the steerable single rear wheel. It steers with handle bars.
We had just bought our 50 A and were building our dream home. But the land was raw. 30" tall weeds and hundreds of mesquite trees. john deer 850 awd and 6' mower tamed it and got rid of hundreds of smaller trees. We ended up with about 2 acre patch 4" and up we couldn't doze. we weaved in and out as best we could with JD but still had large patches fairly close to the house. That means rodents , snakes and varmints . Believe me we have them all out here But if kept mowed like a back yard should be , problem solved. They would have to move on.
so I'm looking for mower , no more Sears Or K-Mart stuff. When I saw scag I was amused by 3 wheel design. Out of room for now . Scag, cant beat it with a club.:biggrin: