Corded or cordless?

TedBeal

Threads
What would be your choice, if money was no object, which unfortunately is unlikely to be the case, but just supposing? Would you go for a corded or cordless mower?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Corded has it's obvious long run time ... BUT with todays lithium hi-tec batteries you can do about as much work as you really want to, on a full charge...
so I guess I have to go without the cord to tie me down... (that is if I have the choice to use either) :smile:KennyV

Mac 624

Threads
I guess, You mean electric driven mowers. So, I would go with the corded. Easy to handle, easy to repair and no Accu that had to be replaced after a few years.

KDL

Threads
I am not a big fan of electric mowers, bought one on sale just to do small jobs instead of firing up the bigger mower and I did not even get one season out of it. I hope they manufacture them better nowadays.

Vern2

Threads
With a little research Ryobi cordless is what I ended up with. The mower does not pull too fast while mowing, but how do I know. You can't be 80 years old either. My wife at 39... does very well with this unit. After having it for a month now, in central Arizona I feel I made the right choice for my wife. Starting the mower on full charge, emptying the grass several times it's still on a full charge.:smile:
Ryobi cordless Of course that's the backyard around the pool. I like my John Deere for the acre and a half next door, laser leveled. After cutting it at 1" I have an acre and a half putting green. I mow it once a week, I've got over 1200 hrs on the L130/hydro stat

Vern

Last edited:

Mr.McGinty

Threads
Vern, thanks for the link to the Ryobi. It has some interesting information in the ad. and that set me to thinking of the advantages of cordless over corded. Apart from the obvious safety factor, (I am disaster prone and my kids have inherited this gene), what are the others?

Vern2

Threads
McGrindy,
There's plenty of safety features built in like a key, can't be started without it. Charging the battery is like pluging in your laptop. Oh No, there has a blade, I have know way how your going to take that off, sorry. So I guess your stuck with buying a goat, LOL.:biggrin:

Vern

briggs

Threads
i am not a big fan of them ether way ...The corded ones are a pain but more durable then then the cordless ones ...I have 2 of them and they both need chargers ..Its the batt or charger that always seems to go and some of them cost a lot to replace

Mr.McGinty

Threads
McGrindy,
There's plenty of safety features built in like a key, can't be started without it. Charging the battery is like pluging in your laptop. Oh No, there has a blade, I have know way how your going to take that off, sorry. So I guess your stuck with buying a goat, LOL.:biggrin:

Vern

Thanks for the smile.:smile: The mere mention of a blade makes me shudder but the other features sound attractive. You are right though, my goat is sounding like a lot less stress than a fuel or electricity powered mower. (Or maybe I am being uber postive to compensate for the fact that she ate three of my kids' best T-shirts yesterday!).

Smartaleck

Threads
I think pretty much every mower is full of safety features nowadays but the only advantage with a cordless is that you have no cable to keep pulling out of the way while you are mowing!