Just ordered a new X-One for cemetery assoc.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Troops,
I'm new here on the Hustler group but I'm an old timer with power equipment. The cemetery assoc of which I am a member just had an engine failure on their 1993 Excel 260K, not bad for a 19 year old machine, 2,100 hours on the Kohler Magnum 20. Over the years I've maintained this machine but never did a decarb or valve adjustment on it, my bad!!!
Anyway, it was time for a new machine and we chose an X-One with a 60" rear discharge deck, however going to take some time for the dealer to get us one. The dealer has delivered a loaner machine but side discharge. The two old Gravely two wheel machines have seen 5 or 6 new machines pass by and they are still running however they don't get used much.
Last fall I had an X-One on order for spring delivery as I had won a contract for maintaining a large condo complex, but when a new manager came on he canceled all contracts so I canceled the order for the X-One. This new manager and I have a court date coming up!!!
I have a Scag Tiger Cub and an Ingersoll GT both with collection systems. The Ingersoll is a 1989 and it is on it's 3rd engine and has 2,600 hours on it so I was looking to replace it with the X-One.
I'm looking forward to spending time with the cemetery's new X-One when it arrives. I'm going to bring the old Excel 260K to my shop and see what is ailing it and possible revive it, but this is a winter project!!!
Mad Mackie in CT

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Took delivery of the shinny new X-ONE today! Nice machine!! We put it right to work mowing the cemetery lawn. The selling dealer took our old Excel 260K with a stuck exhaust valve.
The 60" rear discharge deck has blades that turn in opposite directions so I will need to get a set of spare blades as they are different from the side discharge machines. We have a MojakPro hoist which will make cleaning and blade replacement much easier.
Later
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin: