LAWN CARE SOFTWARE

Threads
My lawn care business is growing and I think now would be a great time to get some lawn care software to make scheduling and billing easier. I was wondering....
A. Is their any lawn care software that is FREE?
B. What is the best software?

scott47429

Threads
i don't know but I'm going to be watching to see the response i need some for my small engine business

jimrs

Threads
It's not just for lawn care but I would look into Quicken Business software you can set up accounts, billing, accounts receivable and a lot of stuff. If you set it up right you can keep track of daily job expense, ect. You might get buy with just Quicken just harder to set up. They will give you spreadsheets and charts everything you need. Hope this helps.

Pnlawncare

Threads
There is plenty, i recently purchased lawn pro. It costs around $250. They give you an option to make 4 payments. Its actually going well, once you add in all your customers contact info. You can schedule, invoice, track expenses, transfers everyhing to quick books. When you print your invoices, there set up to fold to fit in the double window envelopes( saves me alot on labels and time) check out there site. One of the cheapest i think. There is a bunch out there all ranging in prices. Hope it helps.

D

(deleted)

Yes there are plenty. But if you have the change to use their trial version first then use before buying it. May be all software is not for the same use and will not be suitable for you. Yardbook, lawnstarter can be good choice. Yardbook is free to use. You can try. Uninstall if it doesn't suit your business.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have used Invoice 2go for years. It was the best I ever tried to use up till last Summer. In June they did a total revamp on it and it was a nightmare for a while. HOWEVER through the updates they have gotten it back to where it looks like it is better than it ever was. I would suggest it again now. It has al of the capabilities you need for billing invoicing ect.

As for scheduling we use Wunderlist. It is a great scheduling app. We cut 90+ properties every two weeks with some of them weekly and some bi weekly as well as other jobs in between and it does a great job. Both apps work through the cloud so that you have access to them from the phone or computer at home...... As well as employees being about to use the scheduling app.

I also use Time Station to keep time for employees. It has capabilities for employees to clock in and clock out and you receive an email when they do. We also have a place in ours to clock in and out on specific jobs that are paying by the hour.

Hope that helps.

computer

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can hire a virtual assistant to run it all as well. They become another variable cost (instead of $500 for software, it's $10 a day for example) So eventually they will become more expensive than purchasing software and doing it yourself, but it is much more convenient, less stressful, and helps you focus on growing your business. anybody can outsource to some random trustworthy dude and he will do it all for you. you just gotta snap him pictures of your receipts or text him what you paid/earned each day

you can literally tell them what to do and how you like it to be done instead of doing it all yourself. this also goes for customer service, accounting, reinvestments, logos.. pretty much anything can be outsourced overseas except the mowers and the grass actually.

i am a logistics nerd :rolleyes: im not actually a part of this industry like you guys are, so take my newbie advice with caution

CK

edit: PS I did not mean to gravedig this post, i just wanted to provide my input!

canad1an

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm just starting a lawn care business as well. I have been looking at lawnprosoftware. Anyone have any luck with them?