How long do they last?

dria

Threads
Hey there. I am just curious to know what the lifespan of a Grasshopper tends to be. Also what the price is. I want to know the ratio to the two so I can decided if they are a good deal compared to others.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
dria
I will let russ, 173abn, comment on Grasshoppers .. He has a diesel powered one...:thumbsup:

If you have more than an average lot to mow you will appreciate a good quality mower. A commercial mower is GREAT quality... They are built to be serviceable and you can expect thousands of hours from them....
also there is nothing like diesel power for mowing:smile: :smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
hi dria, I own a 928D made in 1995 it sold new back then for $13065.00.I bought it this yr. for $5000.00.there are even more expensive models as well as cheaper models.If you take care of them they should last you a very long time.It's like my truck,I bought it new in 1993 and it's still going strong.There's something like 98 models they've made and most of those with multiple yrs made.If you have a T.S.C. around you they sell a Compact Tractor Guide that gives makes and models on all the compact tractors &riding mowers and new and resell prices.Mine is a diesel powered because I like diesel engines.They're better on fuel and easier to work on.Do youhave a specific model your looking at?I forget to mention my model has a front mount deck which IMO makes it way better to mow around trees etc.By the way Grasshopper is made here in Kansas but since the diesels are Kubota powered my Kubota dealer sells them as well as the gas powered ones.Getting parts for them isn't a problem.If I can give you any other info or help fell free to ask. russ

Bethieboo

Threads
Didn't you say you had gotten a really good deal off of craigslist in another thread? (I could be wrong). I take it that this is what you were referring too? :smile:

173abn

Threads
Thats right,I bought the 928d off CraigsList for $5000.00.I've seen smaller gas powered units for more.I wanted a diesel and was willing to pay more but didn't have to after finding this one. I should have said there is more than 100 models because the book I have only goes to 2007. russ

DakotaMM

Threads
Wow. I want to find a deal like that. Do you watch Cragslist often or is this something you just sort of stumbled across? Tell us how to find the deals!

173abn

Threads
you just have to be patient until you find what you want and yes I guess luck has something to do with it,now if I win the powerball tonight I'll tell you what being lucky feels like. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
if I win the powerball tonight I'll tell you what being lucky feels like. russ

Alright !!!:thumbsup: I will be glad to hear that happened:thumbsup:
:smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
Well it matters if you service your machine regularly and with the good oil........and it will last that bit longer than someone who runs it into the ground!:ashamed: