Cub Cadet PTO issues

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Coming into the shop frequently now are cub cadets that the PTO bolt has become loose . The PTO and crank shaft have been damaged .
There is NO repair for this other than a new crank in the motor plus PTO and labor . Very expensive . You guys need to check the bolt tightness during your spring tune ups and during your cutting season .
These machines average 100 to 200 hours when the bolt fails . $2200.00 lawn cutting tractor becomes a tow tractor ....

rxtexas

Forum Newbie
Threads
Coming into the shop frequently now are cub cadets that the PTO bolt has become loose . The PTO and crank shaft have been damaged .
There is NO repair for this other than a new crank in the motor plus PTO and labor . Very expensive . You guys need to check the bolt tightness during your spring tune ups and during your cutting season .
These machines average 100 to 200 hours when the bolt fails . $2200.00 lawn cutting tractor becomes a tow tractor ....

The mower deck on my cub cadet rzt 50 jumps out of cutting position when I engage the PTO. Mower is 5 years old with 240 hours. Any ideas?

croaker

Forum Newbie
Threads

I have this problem on my LT1042. The clutch assembly came loose and basically fell off. Now the main bolt has worn threads on the end and will only go into the shaft maybe 2 turns (not far enough). I got a new bolt but it won't go any farther. Is my shaft stripped or crossthreaded? Can I possibly clean it out with a tap? My mower is near 100 hours. Any suggestions? I don't want to have to break out the welder. :eek: