Home made deck?

RFrank

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all....first post. One of my mowers is an older Snapper commercial 60" zero radius, with the single joystick control. It has a welded plate deck that has seen better days, a long time ago. I've rebuilt all the spindles but there are places where it's rusted through. It doesn't look like it would be to difficult to fabricate a new deck using the old one as a pattern. Has anyone done this?
Thanks, Frank

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Frank and welcome to LMF...
One of the advantages of a welded deck is that you can repair and replace parts as needed...
The plate(s) on top of the deck are the main support to keep the blades cutting level keep that area solid ...
:smile:KennyV

benski

Threads
Hi all....first post. One of my mowers is an older Snapper commercial 60" zero radius, with the single joystick control. It has a welded plate deck that has seen better days, a long time ago. I've rebuilt all the spindles but there are places where it's rusted through. It doesn't look like it would be to difficult to fabricate a new deck using the old one as a pattern. Has anyone done this?
Thanks, Frank

If you've got the old one as a pattern, you shouldn't have a hard time fabbing up a 3/16ths deck. If you really went off the deep end, you could have it hot-dipped galvanized before you do a final assembly.:wink::eek::biggrin:

173abn

Threads
Hi Frank,never done it myself but have an old Craftsman GT1600 that has a rusted out deck and was thinking how I could repair it.If you decide to try it how bout some pictures.Might give me some help if I do mine...russ