Chipmunk

RKerr

Forum Newbie
Threads
After several years of getting my lawn in shape it looks great except for the chipmunk hole right near my main entry way. Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to evict this critter.

RPK

Attachments

• IMG_20110521_140740.jpg
    IMG_20110521_140740.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20110521_141332.jpg
    IMG_20110521_141332.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 3

44carbine

Threads
My uncle would always stick a hose to the exhaust on his truck and then stick the other end down the hole. It always worked.

Attachments

• My Kubota.jpg
    My Kubota.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 39
  • My Kubota 4.jpg
    My Kubota 4.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 32

ReggieDeere

Threads
My uncle would always stick a hose to the exhaust on his truck and then stick the other end down the hole. It always worked.

Carbon Monoxide poisoning huh? That's certainly a creative way to do it. If you don't want to go that route you can always set a mousetrap by the hole, just put a little peanut butter or oatmeal on it and you should catch your pest.:smile:

sms0000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Carbon Monoxide poisoning huh? That's certainly a creative way to do it. If you don't want to go that route you can always set a mousetrap by the hole, just put a little peanut butter or oatmeal on it and you should catch your pest.:smile:

Your gonna want to use a rat trap (there bigger than a mouse trap) for a clean kill on a chipmunk. :smile:

BlueGrass

Threads
Can't you just trap it and release it somewhere else? I don't have a problem with chipmunks but I do have one with squirrels. It seems like every stinking squirrel in my neighborhood knows that I have a walnut tree in my yard. I can have up to 8 squirrels at a time in my yard and they bury the walnuts. So, not only do I have grubs or moles but I also have the squirrels tearing up my yard.

JimmyWeb

Threads
The best way to get rid of squirrels is by taking away their food source. So you might have to cut that walnut tree down if you ever want to see your yard relatively free of pesky squirrels.:wink:

Can't you just trap it and release it somewhere else? I don't have a problem with chipmunks but I do have one with squirrels. It seems like every stinking squirrel in my neighborhood knows that I have a walnut tree in my yard. I can have up to 8 squirrels at a time in my yard and they bury the walnuts. So, not only do I have grubs or moles but I also have the squirrels tearing up my yard.

Hand2ThePlow

Threads

An effective poison gas is to pour a bottle of bleach and a bottle of ammonia down the hole. When combined they form chlorimine gas which is deadly, plug the hole after pouiring it in. I'd recommend using a funnel with a hose on it so that you can deliver it deep in the hole. Don't be tempted to pre-mix it, chlorimine gas can be harmful to humans as well.

monica123

Threads
Wow, they all sound so cruel. I am all about live trapping and releasing elsewhere. Killing things is my last resort. It just seems so mean.

Hand2ThePlow

Threads
Wow, they all sound so cruel. I am all about live trapping and releasing elsewhere. Killing things is my last resort. It just seems so mean.

Trap and release is fine but are you simply moving your problem to others. Do you get permission from the land owner before you release then elsewhere? I once had a city dweller catching rabbits that were eating his garden and releasing them on my property. He thought because we were "country folks" we would understand. As a result the rabbit population exploded followed by an increase of coyotes.

Killing for no reason is "mean" but overpopulation can lead to diseases and starvation which, in my opinion, is far more cruel then getting rid of a single nuisance animal.

rekees

Threads
I have a Lab that controls them but the problem is he digs bigger holes than the chipmunks! A house cat is also effective.

This is available at amazon.com to catch them alive

51Z6636Z4DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg