Don't Step on the Grass

Robin

Threads
Do you allow people to step on your lawns? What would you do to prevent people from stepping on the grass? What is the best method to use, placing a sign or making a fence?

noma

Threads
Robin

Just curious why you don't want them stepping on your grass? If you don't want them on your property then a fence would work better. Do you live on a corner lot and the kids ride there bikes on your lawn to cut the corner shorter and faster?

beesnroses32

Threads
For the me the point of grass is to be able to step on it with bare feet and feel it between your toes. If I didn't want people stepping on my lawn I would have ground cover that was uncomfortable to walk on...like this patch of some sort of prickly ivy that looks very nice but is painful. But if you want grass and no stepping, a little fence would work best.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bare feet and freshly mowed grass... goes together like bare feet and sand on the beach right at the water line.. Very COOL... :cool::cool: KennyV

Attachments

• IMGP1160.jpg
    IMGP1160.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP1168.jpg
    IMGP1168.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 15

Hershey

Threads
Absolutely! That's the fun of the grass, I agree. I've never approved of the just look, don't touch point of view on something like this. The only time I get bugged is when they put their tires on the edge of the lawn when parking.

Robin

Threads
Well I guess everyone here likes to step on the grass barefooted. I too would like to step on it and even lay on it. I asked this question because I've seen some lawns where there is a sign that says "Don't Step On The Grass". I guess we normally see this sign on school lawns.

VRman

Threads
You don't want to be around when those people find big piles of dog poo in their grass. Or, maybe you do...:laughing:

Threads
When I was a youngster in middle class suburbia, (we live out int he country now), there was an older gentleman who had a sign on his grass that said, "Don't let your dog **** on my grass."

I thought he was cranky then. About three years later he accidentally shot his best friend while drinking...made me glad I never let my dog do his business in his grass.

ted

Threads
The only issues I have are when people (adults or kids) are using cleats on the grass and that is a big no no in my area. We have always supported our local kids after school games and helped with many of the launches but they all know when its BBQ time, do not come over to our place with those shoes on. :)

Zeroturn

Threads
I don't care if people step on my lawn. That is what it is there for. I for one love to take off my shoes and run through the backyard barefoot. I love the feel of the grass on my feet.
I guess I just don't care if people walk through it.