I have a burdock problem

monica123

Threads
Are there any suggestions for controlling and removing these pesky things from my lawn? If I let them grow I end up with a huge jungle in my backyard. I have tried digging them up but the roots seem so deep i never seem to get it all, are there any other suggestions?

monica123

Threads
Thanks for the link, my worry is that it will hurt my other plants or my animals and my children. I try to use minimal chemicals in my garden. How toxic is round-up?

rekees

Threads
Thanks for the link, my worry is that it will hurt my other plants or my animals and my children. I try to use minimal chemicals in my garden. How toxic is round-up?

Okay forget chemicals. According to the link "Manual Control - Top growth removal through mowing or cutting is effective. Pulling or digging out the plant at flowering. Remove seed heads before seed set. Pulling may be difficult due to large taproot."

monica123

Threads
Thank you, will definitely have to try that. I would rather not use chemicals with the kids and the animals, they will be a last resort to get rid of the burdocks.