Export thread

ZT HD 52 fuel gauge unreadable

N

NealS

Has anyone come up with a solution to be able to tell how much fuel is in the tank.
We can not see the fuel level through the supposedly see through fuel tank.

D

Darryl G

Can't you just unscrew the cap to the fuel tank and look in to see how much is in there?

Edit: Oh, I see, the tank is under the seat with a remote fill. Guess not.

N

NealS

Can't you just unscrew the cap to the fuel tank and look in to see how much is in there?

Edit: Oh, I see, the tank is under the seat with a remote fill. Guess not.

And even though the remote fill neck is part of the fuel tank, is it not a straight shot, so it prevents me from sticking a rod in to the bottom to use like a dip stick.

D

Darryl G

Wonder if you could pick up some fuel system dye so you could see it through the tank better?

G

gravelyzthd52

Same issue here! Can never see the fuel level through that thing.

T

tbzep

I just fold the seat before I start and look at the whole tank. If the fuel level is below the metal plate, I add.

D

Darryl G

Worth a try? I've worked with fluorosene dyes before (which is what I'm presuming it is) and they're very visible at low concentrations, even without a lamp. https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/tr...m_term=1100001935940&utm_content=All Products

S

strick

I noticed the same thing. On my old Gravely ZT 42 it was no problem seeing the fuel level.

strick

A

AnonymousMower

I bought a Gravely ZT HD 44 recently. I like it except that it doesn't have a fuel gauge and was looking for ways to install one when I found this thread. I realize it is five years old but if I found it then others probably will too.

I'll have to determine the length of the sending unit that I would need for the Gravely but here is a good tutorial on how to install one in a zero turn mower. - Cheers

Fuel Gauge & Sending Unit Installation on a Zero Turn Step by Step Long Version
Max's Garaj Mahal
:

Sending units and gauges on eBay:

S

slomo

Has anyone come up with a solution to be able to tell how much fuel is in the tank.
Use a wooden stick.

L

lil SIG

I know right!

I will just figure out how many hours I get out of a full tank. Then fill it up early to be safe.

First world problems

RingSteel

RingSteel

Sooooo after installing the ariens gel padded seat cover, I carry an led flashlight.
Swing seat out of the way, place lamp on top of tanks and rock tires a little and the motion of fuel gives indication of level. I do this after about an acre cut or hour and half of mowing and coming in for a water break.
If it's near half way I simply top off.
Yeah not the brightest cut saving feature gravel came up with. I would have paid an extra 25-75 bucks for a fuel guage.
oh well, still enjoying this work horse and just live with the imperfections.
Come on gravely toss us a bone....heh...heh...
5K for mower and didn't even get a ball cap....lol..

R

rekit500

We can not see the fuel level through the supposedly see through fuel tank.
When I bought mine I sent an email to the engineers to take a look at how a motorcycle reserve setting on the petcock works, and put one on the mower. Would be a great selling feature for a few bucks. Old Volkswagons had them too. When you run out you switch to the lower fuel pickup and go. It only takes a few times at most to remember to put it back on "Main" when you fill up lol.
Never heard a word back...........
shows how they work.