Export thread

ZG222 temporarily runs rough after second start

Kabriensdad

Kabriensdad

Hello to all members,

I purchased new my 2015 ZG222 zero turn and have kept up with all maintenance requirements. The machine has approximately 240 hours of run time. The last two times I used the mower I have had the following problem: The mower starts as normal, and I cut for a couple of hours. After taking a small break, I start mower as usual and engage blades. After a few seconds the engine begins to sputter and wants to stall out. No smoke is noticed at this time. I disengage the blades and back off the throttle, and the engine begins to run normally. I then re-engage blades, throttle up and mow with no further issues. Any assistance with troubleshooting ideas will be appreciated.

tom3

tom3

Vaporizing the gas I'd guess. Pretty common with today's summer blended fuels I suppose. Don't know if there's a solution for that if that is what is happening. Might let it run easy for a minute before shut down and after starting to cool it off.

Kabriensdad

Kabriensdad

Vaporizing the gas I'd guess. Pretty common with today's summer blended fuels I suppose. Don't know if there's a solution for that if that is what is happening. Might let it run easy for a minute before shut down and after starting to cool it off.
Thank you Tom3 for your reply.