Zero turn Jack

bones66

Threads
My Jack on my kubota zero turn mower is stiff and hard to operate. I have greased every fitting and applied oil at every location I can find that might help but nothing seems to work. It operates OK until I get the mower about 1/2 the way up and it hits a tough spot then it cranks very hard. Anybody else have this problem or know where I can apply some lube to eliminate it. Thanks

slc10844

Threads
I had the same problem and it turned out the threads on the screw were damaged. End up replacing both the screw and the part called the "adjuster". The old cover didn't fit the new screw so I just left it off. Makes it easy to keep greased.

bones66

Threads
I had the same problem and it turned out the threads on the screw were damaged. End up replacing both the screw and the part called the "adjuster". The old cover didn't fit the new screw so I just left it off. Makes it easy to keep greased.

You know this feel like the screws on mine are damaged also. It gets really tough along about the middle part. Once I get past that it's easier. Any word on how something like that would get damaged? What about cost to replace if you don't mind? That would really jerk me off if it's damaged and cost me for a repair :thumbdown: as I grease all grease fittings and the wear or friction points at the begining of every day it's used. I'm not a commercial guy either?

slc10844

Threads
It looked like the threads were chipping on mine. They looked a little dry. Its not an easy place to get grease because of the screw cover. The screw takes a lot of pressure, especially when you have the brakes locked. If you look at the distorion on the front tire while cranking it up you'll see what I mean. If I'm on level ground I release the brake befor cranking. That lets the mower move forward and backward taking the sideways pressure off of the front tire. Nov 2010 prices, screw $38.28, adjuster $25.52.

bones66

Threads
Hey a big Kudos to you for responding to my post and helping me out!....if you have time for another question did you speak to the dealer about this or did he comment about seeing this happen to others?

slc10844

Threads
No, didn't speak to the dealer other than to order the parts. It was out of warranty, and I figured it was a wear and tear item. I keep the screw greased and it seems to be holding up. The jack gets used quite a bit of use this time of the year cleaning the wet grass from under the deck.

Last edited:

bones66

Threads
Thanks for your help sic, Greatly Appreciated. I'm going to call my dealer and just have a talk.......just to see what he say's. My machine is out of warranty! MY dealer is honest and he'd tell me if they've seen it before and if so what contributes to it and how it can be prevented. Thanks Again

bones66

Threads
We'll do! Sorry for the incorrect spelling of your screen name. It looked like sic but on my notification I noticed it was actually slc. I'll try and do better! Might be a while on my dealer conversation about the jack. I'm going to be away for a few days and I want to run over and personally speak with the owner rather than the part guy(s)!

slc10844

Threads
No problem with the spelling. I have found dealers are reluctant to admit to a recurring problem.