Export thread

Zero Turn Final Decision

J

joepacelli

So I spent the past 2 weeks online looking at Specs, reviews and even went to local dealers looking at Zero Turn Mowers.
I don't need it for another 3 months until I move but decided to get a head start on the research.
I even read a lot of threads on here and must say I've learned a lot.
I never knew of some of these brands until coming here and doing the research.

At first I was looking at Husqvarna and local Home Depot/Lowe's available Zero Turns.

I then went to a local Toro dealer and was looking at the Timecutter MX4200.

It was after this I went to other dealers and looked at Scag, Exmark, Ferris, Gravely, Hustler, Kubota.

After all the research I've decided to get the Toro Titan HD 1500 48"
Plus, Toro offers a 18% discount off MSRP for military, firefighters, police, etc.
www.toro.com/americanhero
The dealer is the largest Toro dealer in Central NC, only 5 miles down the road from where I will live.
So the MSRP is $6110 for the Titan HD, and with discounts should be just a little over $5000, which is better than the price currently of $5499

So now I just wait until we move into the new home and then I'll visit the dealer and order my Zero Turn.

Boobala

Boobala

So I spent the past 2 weeks online looking at Specs, reviews and even went to local dealers looking at Zero Turn Mowers.
I don't need it for another 3 months until I move but decided to get a head start on the research.
I even read a lot of threads on here and must say I've learned a lot.
I never knew of some of these brands until coming here and doing the research.

At first I was looking at Husqvarna and local Home Depot/Lowe's available Zero Turns.

I then went to a local Toro dealer and was looking at the Timecutter MX4200.

It was after this I went to other dealers and looked at Scag, Exmark, Ferris, Gravely, Hustler, Kubota.

After all the research I've decided to get the Toro Titan HD 1500 48"
Plus, Toro offers a 18% discount off MSRP for military, firefighters, police, etc.
www.toro.com/americanhero
The dealer is the largest Toro dealer in Central NC, only 5 miles down the road from where I will live.
So the MSRP is $6110 for the Titan HD, and with discounts should be just a little over $5000, which is better than the price currently of $5499

So now I just wait until we move into the new home and then I'll visit the dealer and order my Zero Turn.

Be sure you get and keep your manuals, - owners guide, parts manual AND the service/repair manual too ! ABOVE ALL, DON'T do anything to void your warranty ! Best wishes ....... Boobala ..:thumbsup:

BlazNT

BlazNT

I am with Boo. Get model numbers and serial numbers of everything while it is clean and viewable. Hydro drives and pumps too.

OHH I forgot. Get us pictures. How can we live vicariously through others without pictures?

J

joepacelli

I am with Boo. Get model numbers and serial numbers of everything while it is clean and viewable. Hydro drives and pumps too.

OHH I forgot. Get us pictures. How can we live vicariously through others without pictures?

Thanks for this advice. I would have never considered it. Now I've added a reminder to my phone to get this info when I purchase the mower.

Boobala

Boobala

OOOPs I also am forgetful, the mower manuals and your engine manuals, are separate unto themselves (ie.) parts for each, operating guides, etc. and as BlazNt suggested take some pics and get a close-up pic of each label, with a model & serial number to store for reference, (saves gettin under /over a dirty mower. ... Boo

So Congrats on your decision. So which engine does it have, inquiring minds need ta know. :laughing:

I have a TimeCutter that I got new back in 2014, It has lived up to more than my expectations.

J

joepacelli

So Congrats on your decision. So which engine does it have, inquiring minds need ta know. :laughing:

I have a TimeCutter that I got new back in 2014, It has lived up to more than my expectations.

24.5 hp Toro V-Twin 708cc
ZT3100

I've got just under an acre, but I'm 50 now, so I want something to last me a good 15 to 20 years and the wife wants it so it doesn't take me so long out in the hot sun.
Raleigh summers here can be brutal.

Boobala

Boobala

Hey Numbers (7394) & Joe here's the Toro Info. Sheet, be sure to click on the SELL Page & Accessories pages ( near the top) hell just click everything, there's a bunch of YOUR manuals Joe, ( need your SERIAL # for exact manuals.. later for that ) looks like a Kawasaki eng. to me, I dunno ! NICE machine ! I love the seat cover in the accessories manual, very handy to preserve a "sore-spot on ALL mowers" .. :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

WIN D.jpg...rlc-titan-hd-feature-engine-toro.jpg...rlc-titan-hd-feature-hydraulic-pumps.jpg

https://www.toro.com/en/homeowner/riding-mowers/titan-hd-1500-74450

Boobala

Boobala

Really got my head up my arse today, just learned IT IS a TORO engine, I did not know that Toro made their own engines..

NOT IN HERE.JPG

D

Darryl G

Really got my head up my arse today, just learned IT IS a TORO engine, I did not know that Toro made their own engines..

View attachment 36319

Loncin in China is making the Exmark and Toro branded engines. So far I've only heard good things about them.

B

bertsmobile1

Loncin in China is making the Exmark and Toro branded engines. So far I've only heard good things about them.

The only downside of Loncin engines is the lack of parts.
They are good engines and Loncin has been around for a long time, they are ranked No 10 by world volume.
So you are forced to buy all of your spares from from Toro which like all branded spares pushes the price up

Boo- the Toro* branded engines took some of the things they liked best from the Kawasaki engines, like the angled Dip Stick, & the shelf under the oil filter. etc.

I've heard good about them as well. But mine has a Kawasaki by choice. :thumbsup:

B

bertsmobile1

Loncin has been making engines for about 50 years, or rather their predecessors had.
Just because you have never seen them till now does not mean they are copies of current USA engines.

Hard as it is for Americans to understand there is a rest of the world and they have been making things there for thousands of years.
The only difference is the USA did not get bombed into oblivion so it took a long while for Europe to rebuild.
You learned your lesson about the futility of trying to remove your neighbour and all his decendents from the face of the planet in the 1860's

After that to expand all you had to do was wipe out the natives who had inferiour weapons to you ( not preaching we did the same ).
For any country in Europe to expand they had to fight with people on equal footings weapons wise so it was a lot more destructive.

We are used to seeing trash products imported from China purely because goods of higher quality than what is already available in the USA would be the same price so no chance for greedy USA ( and Aust ) importers to make 500% profits bringing them in.
Thus most of what is imported is bottom of the barrel quality wise and people buy it purely because it is cheap.
If the product was made locally to the same quality level and pric no one would buy it because we expect a higher quality ltem from local companies.