Zer turn or rider. Need advice and education

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
To sacrifice The quality of the Raptor SD for a Cub Cadet RZT over $400 would be ridiculous. Besides that I'm sure he could probably go to a Hustler dealer and by the SD for the money he wants to spend because he will get it for less. The dealer will come down on the msrp They always do. He could buy the SD for $2700 OTD.

I haven't seen the sd anywhere for $2700. The sd will cost closer to $4k. The raptor is the one that is priced at $3k and the rzt wouldn't be a step down from that mower. I would put them in the same ball park.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I haven't seen the sd anywhere for $2700. The sd will cost closer to $4k. The raptor is the one that is priced at $3k and the rzt wouldn't be a step down from that mower. I would put them in the same ball park.

Ok we were talking about the 42" vs the 52" Raptor and he could get the 52" for $2700 OTD maybe less. I was looking at another thread with the SD, It's still twice the mower that CC rzt is.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok we were talking about the 42" vs the 52" Raptor and he could get the 52" for $2700 OTD maybe less. I was looking at another thread with the SD, It's still twice the mower that CC rzt is.

The sd is, but it's also $1400 over budget. The drive train on the raptor vs the rzt is similar. I wouldn't say its a better mower.

Jack17

Threads
What makes you think that your LTX is working too hard? You've got 23 horses, 46" deck and deck wheels came standard. I'd say it a nice set up for your needs! As far as scalping on top of your hill...you're approaching it wrong or raise the deck while mowing on top of it. Try different approach and never follow the same cut pattern. O yea! Make sure that the blades are sharp.

jonny198

Forum Newbie
Threads
In our modern times, education plays a key role in the life of every person. Advances in technology and changes in the economy and society make education essential for successful adaptation and prosperity. It not only provides knowledge and skills, but also promotes critical thinking, awakens creativity and strengthens self-confidence. In today's world, learning is the key to new opportunities, so a commitment to continuous learning is a fundamental element of a successful career and personal growth.

bkeller500

Threads
I normally would recommend a Simplicity tractor because their decks have a rear roller that floats along the turf and raises and lowers the deck according to the terrain but with Simplicity halting production recently that may be a big gamble. A tractor will be best for hills where a ZT will struggle more often and losing control on the slope is quite possible. Anything under $ 3K is going to mow for awhile but you may not like the cutting results or struggle with repairs down the road. The cheaper ones will last for a few years and then you move up to a mid-range if your budget gets healthier. I would take some pics and go visit a couple of dealers and show them what your yard looks like. They may be able to suggest a good solution and possibly give you a demo on your property or a return privilege. None of us on the web can give you a perfect recommendation because we can't see your property and a lot of us have a built in bias because we bought a unit that works for us. You can spend upwards of $ 5 or $6 K and still be disappointed. Go see a dealer or 2 and let them guide you.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I normally would recommend a Simplicity tractor because their decks have a rear roller that floats along the turf and raises and lowers the deck according to the terrain but with Simplicity halting production recently that may be a big gamble. A tractor will be best for hills where a ZT will struggle more often and losing control on the slope is quite possible. Anything under $ 3K is going to mow for awhile but you may not like the cutting results or struggle with repairs down the road. The cheaper ones will last for a few years and then you move up to a mid-range if your budget gets healthier. I would take some pics and go visit a couple of dealers and show them what your yard looks like. They may be able to suggest a good solution and possibly give you a demo on your property or a return privilege. None of us on the web can give you a perfect recommendation because we can't see your property and a lot of us have a built in bias because we bought a unit that works for us. You can spend upwards of $ 5 or $6 K and still be disappointed. Go see a dealer or 2 and let them guide you.
A riding mower on hills and slopes is definitely not the way to go. A zero turn (in most cases), can really hold hills and slopes well, provided the operator knows how to run the equipment correctly. This is coming from 10 years of mowing for a living with my business (2005-2014).