Z255 random electrical connector

Scott518

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI all. Just joined this forum to ask this question. I did a search for a similar question with no success. My Z255 has this electrical connector (blue wire/ground in the photo) on the left side behind the left arm rest. There is no power to it. I thought it might be for an optio
mower-electrical-2-jpg.51580
nal or after-market headlight system but it does not get powered by the fuse labeled for the headlights (no fuse was installed, I jumpered it to check). Anyone know what this is? Thank you.

Attachments

• Mower electrical 2.jpg
    Mower electrical 2.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 32

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Black wire s a ground
JD generally use blue for the PTO so you might find it only gets power when the PTO is turned on.
A lot of lights are powered directl from the alternator so if it is a light wire then it may only show a reading when the engine is running.

Scott518

Forum Newbie
Threads
Black wire s a ground
JD generally use blue for the PTO so you might find it only gets power when the PTO is turned on.
A lot of lights are powered directl from the alternator so if it is a light wire then it may only show a reading when the engine is running.
Thank you for the excellent suggestion. I did check it while the engine was running but I did not think about checking with the PTO on. I'll do that.