Export thread

YTH2448 Hydorstatic issues

B

Bluwtr

I have a YTH2448 model 96015000101 that has been a fine mower overall. It has worked relentlessly aside from a couple of normal wear and tear issues. Starting last year it has become more and more difficult to use the hydrostatic pedal. When I do get it to move it then is almost impossible to switch to reverse. The same applies when switching back to forward. I've looked under the mower to see if I could see something hung up in the linkage but I do not. The pedal seems to binding and not allowing actuation. Sometimes moving the pedal back and forth (violently even) it will finally "catch" and then go.

Anyone else had this happen or know of this issue? Help is much appreciated as mowing season is not far off for my area.

Regards,

Wes

R

Rivets

When was the last time you changed the drive belts? Sounds to me like the belt may be worn. If it has been more than 3 years I would start by changing it. While your are under the unit check the idler pulleys, as if their bearings are worn they could also be causing your problem.

B

Bluwtr

I changed the belts last season but it's definitely not a belt issue. It's mechanical for sure. The pedal system seems to get stuck and won't rotate for lack of a better way of describing it.

R

Rivets

Check the idler arm and pulleys for proper movement.

StarTech

StarTech

Sounds more like the shifter assy is having problems. check items like 159, 197, 247, etc.

IPL is indicating a fender mounted motion control setup with brake/clutch only controlling belt tension.

Tuff Torq K46 hydrostatic transaxle.
1677338389404.png

H

hlw49

sounds like the linkage is binding shaft rusted and not turn in the bushings or frame.

B

Bluwtr

Thanks for the suggestions and the diagram. Where else can I see this diagram? For some reason I can't see all of it nor can I zoom in or out.

StarTech

StarTech

B

bertsmobile1

Husqvarna have nearly all of their parts books available on line as free download

B

Bluwtr

Thanks for all of the information and suggestions. It very appreciated.

B

Bluwtr

Update:

I pulled the deck to see better and I still can't tell what's going on. Nothing seems to be in a bind that I can tell. I really don't want to tear the entire system apart, but to get an even better look, how difficult is it to drop the large support pan that the linkage runs through and I assume works as a sort of skid plate.

Also (for my education), if I understand correctly, when you press the pedal, the linkage moves an actuator in the hydrostatic unit which basically closes a bypass and lets the hydraulic fluid does it job. Is that right?

Thanks.

M

motoman

I'm about to open my GT 48 locker and have been overdosing on hydrostatic stuff. The internals want clean oil to operate correctly. If gummy or clogged the drive gets slow . There is an oiled plate in there which determines forward and reverse. Not wishing it on you, but with high hours might be oil fatique. There is a filter and up to 5 magnets which can be overcome with metal powder . My problem is something broke...like the pinion drive/slider/locker.

B

Bluwtr

LOL, so sometimes I screw up and then other times, I screw up. So all of the information that I've provided on "MY" mower and asked about...................is wrong. I actually had the information for my dads mower. I actually have a YTA22V46 model number 960450051. I just figured it out today helping my dad with his mower. His electric clutch has gone out as has the motor so I'm helping him with that.

So here is my actual info tag...

Attachments