Export thread

YT 3000 42葱ohler 22hp Idle Knocking

M

Miller1236

When a I put my tractor on idle it start to shake and make a knocking noise, when I shut it off the tractor shakes and make a loud knocking noise then turns off. The tractor runs fine on high idle, not burning oil. everything looks fine, any suggestion on where to start.

R

Rivets

Is it. Blowing black smoke on start up or during idle. If so I would bet that the carb needs rebuilding. If you post back, make sure you include model numbers.

M

Miller1236

No it not blowing any black smoke at start up or idle, the Sears Model #917-289342

R

Rivets

Please post engine model numbers?

M

Miller1236

Is that the number on the air filter cover?

R

Rivets

No, there should be a large silver and black ID decal on the side of the engine shroud. If you can't figure out which number it is, either post all the numbers or take a picture.

M

Miller1236

Sv820s

Sv820-0210

R

Rivets

Take a look at this website and see if anything jumps out at you after going through the troubleshooting guide.

http://www.kohler-engine-parts.opee...SV710_thru_SV740_SV810_thru_SV840_REV9_11.pdf

Sounds to me like a fuel or valve problem, but I can't see what's happening. Is the oil level good? I assume it is. The shaking can be caused by fuel, ignition and/or mechanical problems. This ones going to be tough to diagnose with out seeing it.

Before we get to far into it, I have to ask, at what level do you feel your mechanical skills are? Don't want to ask you to do things you don't understand.

M

Miller1236

I'm above average.

R

Rivets

After reviewing the manual let me know what you think.

M

Miller1236

OK will do
Thanks

M

Miller1236

Hi Rivets, I will start with the fuel, I will let the old fuel run out, will I have to do anything else to clean out all the fuel system completely before filling tank with new fuel.

R

Rivets

Drain it into a glass container to see if you have any water or hard contaminants in it. If you see bad stuff rinse the tank.