YES...it has an actual 890 hours !!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The great thing about Deere quality (and the high purchase price) is that you are encouraged to take good care of your equipment. NOBODY can convince me JD isn't the best you can buy.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 18
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 25

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

You are right about the fact that if you spend a lot of money on something, you are more inclined to take better care of it.

I spent $420 on my push mower, and although it isn't the most expensive, I could have gotten one for $200 if I wanted to, but I spent more on a better brand that would be better built and be more reliable.

OK, I was broke afterwords, but I have a piece of machinery that I know will last me for a long time! :smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

You are right about the fact that if you spend a lot of money on something, you are more inclined to take better care of it.

I spent $420 on my push mower, and although it isn't the most expensive, I could have gotten one for $200 if I wanted to, but I spent more on a better brand that would be better built and be more reliable.

OK, I was broke afterwords, but I have a piece of machinery that I know will last me for a long time! :smile:

There are people who are careless with their money, who buy something costly and well made, then choose to neglect the item and it gives them limited service. Must be nice to be able to afford such wastefullness. My Deere manual recommends an oil and filter change every 100 hours, which would be once a year for me. It costs me $20 a year extra to change the oil and filter at 50 hours...but that way I have peace of mind and know my engine is always full of clean oil. I am planning to get 3000-3500 operating hours out of this, then pass it down to one of my nephews.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
There are people who are careless with their money, who buy something costly and well made, then choose to neglect the item and it gives them limited service. Must be nice to be able to afford such wastefullness. My Deere manual recommends an oil and filter change every 100 hours, which would be once a year for me. It costs me $20 a year extra to change the oil and filter at 50 hours...but that way I have peace of mind and know my engine is always full of clean oil. I am planning to get 3000-3500 operating hours out of this, then pass it down to one of my nephews.
Yep, you are right. You can't be too careful with maintenance. The manual for my mower says to change the oil (no filter) every 50 hours, but I'll change it every year, which will work out at only about 4-5 hours. Still, can't be too safe!

I'm the same with the car too. The manual says to change the oil and filter every 10,000 miles, but there is no way I'd let it get that high. I change it every 5,000 miles with the best Fully Synthetic oil I can afford.

It pays off to take care of your machinery!

Black Bart

Threads
The great thing about Deere quality (and the high purchase price) is that you are encouraged to take good care of your equipment. NOBODY can convince me JD isn't the best you can buy.

You sure won't get an argument from me on that statement.
Only 2 kinds of people own tractors.
Those that own a John Deere and those that wish they did.

mullins87

Threads
You sure won't get an argument from me on that statement.
Only 2 kinds of people own tractors.
Those that own a John Deere and those that wish they did.

Amen!!!:biggrin: