Export thread

yard man hydrostatic clutch

H

hammer1

my yard man hydrostatic clutch isnt working properly. with a freshly started engine, i have no clutch forward or backwards. after it warms up, the clutch starts to work better, but never gets full power to engage the clutch. i see an adjustment type coil under the panel, but it doesnt seem to free up the shifting lever enough. is there another adjustment somewhere? i do not think it is worn out.thanks

R

Rivets

If you don't have a mower, what is the clutch on. What you told us, won't do us any good. We don't know what model numbers you have or what the hydro is on. Spicer/Dana, HydroGear, Peerless all make hydrostat transmissions and you diagnosis each of them differently. Please help us out.

H

hammer1

If you don't have a mower, what is the clutch on. What you told us, won't do us any good. We don't know what model numbers you have or what the hydro is on. Spicer/Dana, HydroGear, Peerless all make hydrostat transmissions and you diagnosis each of them differently. Please help us out.

i am a brand new member. i may not have filled my profile out correctly. sorry. i have an approx 10 yr old yardman riding mower with a 15hp kohler engine. i cannot locate the model#. the mower just creeps forward and backward and cannot go up an incline right now. the main belt looks to be old, cracked and stretched. i assume the worn belt is causing the tranny issues? i can only see the 2 belts. (the other one is for the deck). the tensioner seems to be ok. can i try anything else before replacing the main belt? thanks..

I

ILENGINE

The advice you will get on this forum from the experts will be to start diagnosing by replacing the drive belt, then we can go from there.

H

hammer1

i am a brand new member. i may not have filled my profile out correctly. sorry. i have an approx 10 yr old yardman riding mower with a 15hp kohler engine. i cannot locate the model#. the mower just creeps forward and backward and cannot go up an incline right now. the main belt looks to be old, cracked and stretched. i assume the worn belt is causing the tranny issues? i can only see the 2 belts. (the other one is for the deck). the tensioner seems to be ok. can i try anything else before replacing the main belt? thanks..

R

Rivets

I agree with IL, replace the drive belt.