XT2 Enduro Series XT2 GX54 D

Homeuser66

Threads
Looking to buy one. What are some pros & cons? I'm between this and a John Deere X350 48. I have less than an acre, with 1 small hill. I also early to future proof it for plowing snow in the winter (Connecticut). I currently have a simplicity regent 22hp model# 2690438 that is near it's end of life. I do use it to hall debris and stuff on occasion.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Pic of Hill

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Suggestion: Google " Used Simplicity Tractors with Attachments" in your area. Especially Legacy, Prestige, Conquest Models. Engines are twin cylinder B&S Vanguard or Professional Series & Kohler Command. Most have a differential lock & cruise control for mowing. Let us know how it goes, thanks Mark

Homeuser66

Threads
Suggestion: Google " Used Simplicity Tractors with Attachments" in your area. Especially Legacy, Prestige, Conquest Models. Engines are twin cylinder B&S Vanguard or Professional Series & Kohler Command. Most have a differential lock & cruise control for mowing. Let us know how it goes, thanks Mark
Thanks Mark, but I don't want used, much rather be new. I was wondering about the 2 I suggested 👆

Javelin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking to buy one. What are some pros & cons? I'm between this and a John Deere X350 48. I have less than an acre, with 1 small hill. I also early to future proof it for plowing snow in the winter (Connecticut). I currently have a simplicity regent 22hp model# 2690438 that is near it's end of life. I do use it to hall debris and stuff on occasion.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Pic of Hill

Thanks in advance!
I bought my XT2 GX54D last year and absolutely love it. Got the Fastattach plow for it as well, and it moves some serious snow. No hills here, but a little over an acre of lawn to cut and a 225 foot U-shaped driveway to plow. The ground is wet here most of the season, and the locking diff is a Godsend. It's also a huge asset for plowing. I removed the mower deck and installed tire chains without any additional weights and it handled a ton of wet sloppy snow with no problems. Mine runs the Kohler 25HP engine, and so far it has been perfect with just under 50 hours. The only con I can really think of is the "Fastattach" mower blade system. Would much prefer a standard spindle as there's no good way to balance the blades during sharpening, and it gets difficult to manipulate the locking collars once the mulch buildup gets in the assembly. I also think it creates more deck vibration than a standard spindle would. That being said, the fab deck gives me a great cut (or as good as I could ask for on my sorry excuse of a 'lawn'...lol). Your "hill" looks like a good candidate for this model as that locking differential would be of great help to negotiate the slope, especially if things are a little moist.

Homeuser66

Threads
I bought my XT2 GX54D last year and absolutely love it. Got the Fastattach plow for it as well, and it moves some serious snow. No hills here, but a little over an acre of lawn to cut and a 225 foot U-shaped driveway to plow. The ground is wet here most of the season, and the locking diff is a Godsend. It's also a huge asset for plowing. I removed the mower deck and installed tire chains without any additional weights and it handled a ton of wet sloppy snow with no problems. Mine runs the Kohler 25HP engine, and so far it has been perfect with just under 50 hours. The only con I can really think of is the "Fastattach" mower blade system. Would much prefer a standard spindle as there's no good way to balance the blades during sharpening, and it gets difficult to manipulate the locking collars once the mulch buildup gets in the assembly. I also think it creates more deck vibration than a standard spindle would. That being said, the fab deck gives me a great cut (or as good as I could ask for on my sorry excuse of a 'lawn'...lol). Your "hill" looks like a good candidate for this model as that locking differential would be of great help to negotiate the slope, especially if things are a little moist.
Thank you! The more research I'm doing, the more I'm leaning towards this one. I'm paying a little more than the JD, but that's a few models below this one. The Cubcadet has a better transmission (62 vs k46) . I am concerned about the quick release of the blades myself. I wonder if I can change that system out, in the future. My hill, I currently shift my weight to get up it, but sometimes that don't work so I just go down instead of up. The rest of yard is flat.