Export thread

XLT 1045 engine swap wiring ?

K

KennethP.

I have replaced Koyler with the same engine from a Troybilt super bronco.The wiring is different..There are more wires in the connection on the Cub than the Troybilt has.Any suggestion?

Boobala

Boobala

I have replaced Koyler with the same engine from a Troybilt super bronco.The wiring is different..There are more wires in the connection on the Cub than the Troybilt has.Any suggestion?

We ran your supplied information through our MIND-READING machine and it SAYS ....
Need information about ALL engines involved as well as the model of mower the selected enginge is going to call home ! SEE EXAMPLE :

GET INFO.JPG

K

KennethP.

Both Engine's are a Koyler 20 hp single Cyl Courage.I don't have model info right now.I pulled the good engine from a Troybilt Super Bronco.The Cub has more electronic's than the Troybilt.Wondering if I should pull wiring harness off the old engine that came off the cub and replace on the good engine.

K

KennethP.

Both Engine's are a Koyler 20 hp single Cyl Courage.I don't have model info right now.I pulled the good engine from a Troybilt Super Bronco.The Cub has more electronic's than the Troybilt.Wondering if I should pull wiring harness off the old engine that came off the cub and replace on the good engine.

The Engine off Cub is a model sv-600s from 2009.Engine from the Troybilt is the same model except it's year is 2008.I don't have the mower number right now.

B

bertsmobile1

Should be OK.
just be extra super careful that the kill wire to the coils , which is either open = running or closed = stop to GROUND.
Even looking like sending battery voltage down there will blow the module

K

KennethP.

Got it going.I just cut the cub cadet wiring harness and replaced the harness on the good motor.Just the 2 white wires coming from the top of engine is all I had to cut to attach hardness.