Repairs x729 aws 4x4

jkh

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a new x729 aws 4x4, 4 years ago. This machine runs great the only issue I have had is replacing the mid center tie rod that controls the rear wheels and rubs up against the gear box on the mower deck. The tech said when I make a hard right hand turn that it causes to rub and pop the rod off the ball joint. Didn't know if any one else has had this problem. I have replaced the tie rod at a cost of (60 dollars parts only) four times since I had it new. Machine has just under 400 hours, other than that I have had no other concerns.

johndeeretech

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would take and grind about 1/8 to 1/4 inch about a foot long on the tie rod where the gearbox would rub I have done this to a few other mowers and it seems to work

jkh

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would take and grind about 1/8 to 1/4 inch about a foot long on the tie rod where the gearbox would rub I have done this to a few other mowers and it seems to work

Sorry I did not reply sooner, was out of town. I'll give this a try, hope by doing this that it does not weaken the rod. I think JD has a design flaw that the rod is to close to the mower gear box, but either way I'll give this a try with the new rod.

Many thanks

JKH