X540 ECU

Heyseed

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have an X540 not getting power to the PTO. The PTO will run if everything is bypassed.

I have tested literally every switch, relay, and continuity between wires on this thing. I have power everywhere except coming out of the ECU on the blue wire that sends power to the PTO. Does anyone know if an ECU can fail just in this way? Everything else on the machine works

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Assuming you have serial 50001 or higher. And The ECUs do fail. Earlier serial number had different wiring setup.
1687030422301.png
Can jumper 370B to 502D after snipping 502D leaving enough for later ECU replacement harness repair.

Heyseed

Forum Newbie
Threads
Assuming you have serial 50001 or higher. And The ECUs do fail. Earlier serial number had different wiring setup.
View attachment 65205
Can jumper 370B to 502D after snipping 502D leaving enough for later ECU replacement harness repair.
I almost jumped 370b to 502d, but we need at least the seat switch tied in. It stays out at the farm and we have 10-15 year olds running it a lot.
In your opinion, could everything else work fine and the ECU have failed internally where it just won’t send power out on 502d?

Heyseed

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found the problem with help from guys at Tacomaworld with your diagram.
Mice chewed the pink wire coming out of the reverse switch up on top of the frame rail. Thanks for all your help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Those little buggers are a pain here too. Got to keep all my things in sealed storage boxes. Just sit in the shop some foam filters earlier this week just to fine out one had got in the cardboard and chewed up several of them. Darn it now I got to re-order them.

And if my thinking is right as I have yey try this mod here yet on a X540 is that the seat switch safety would this be intact operational wise. I have done up to three bypases on the modules on the Z830A, Z925A, and Z950M so far. Takes knowing how to get the safeties to still work correctly; although, not 100 fully as JD intended but very very close.

Last edited:

Heyseed

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think I was able to bypass the backup switch and keep everything else working. My sister in law and her kids use this one mostly, and when I am working in the machine shed next to their house it dies constantly when she backs up.