X300 John Deer

Farm Bob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will not start unless you by-pass the selonoid, Ignition switch ohms out as good, have replaced selonid twice. Still will not crank without by-passing selonoid

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Check your voltage on the trigger wire of the solenoid in the start position.... does it have a separate starter and solenoid or is the solenoid piggy backed on the starter?
when you turn the key, does it make a click noise?

Farm Bob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check your voltage on the trigger wire of the solenoid in the start position.... does it have a separate starter and solenoid or is the solenoid piggy backed on the starter?
when you turn the key, does it make a click noise?
It does have a separate solenoid, not piggy backed. Makes a very faint noise when turning the switch to on but nothing when turning all the way to crank. JD X300 with I believe a 17 hp kawasaki , mower not on site

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It could be a safety switch... you'd hear it click when the key is in start, i think the faint click you hear is probably the fuel solenoid on the carburetor.

Farm Bob

Forum Newbie
Threads
It could be a safety switch... you'd hear it click when the key is in start, i think the faint click you hear is probably the fuel solenoid on the carburetor.
I have already by-passed the seat saftey switch, what else should I try?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Could you post the serial number, not model, but serial number of the tractor, all i'm finding on the X300 is a starter with the solenoid piggy backed on it.

bkeller500

Threads
Brake peddle switch suspect????????? PTO switch is OFF?????? Battery suspect??????