Export thread

Worth Saving?

hanyoukimura

hanyoukimura

So I'm debating whether or not to save this mower. Its probably been at the local salvage yard for years. It's a Craftsman 921321. I can't find any info on it or its age but it looks pretty old.

This is a photo of it from last year, but since then someone removed the cylinder head leaving the piston exposed to the elements. It looks pretty corroded now, I wonder if the engine could even be salvaged. The yard wants $20 for it.

web.jpg

reynoldston

reynoldston

NO, If it was me I would save my 20 dollars and leave it into the salvage yard, its in a salvage yard for a reason. Unless you are looking for a mower to spend money on and want a challenge to see if you can do something with it. If you are looking for a cheap mower just to mow with look for a used mower that runs.

I

ILENGINE

In my area box store used push mowers go for $15-20 in running condition.

Vervepipes

Vervepipes

My chart doesn't even show a build code for 921 to say who built it. I scrapped a similar deck not long ago, it was too rotten to save. I agree though that $20 is a bit much for a non running mower in that shape, If you were to keep it for your collection I'd offer $5-10 if the deck is good enough to save. That being said, "collector" mowers like old Lawn Boys I've seen for $40 in rough, non running shape.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Does the engine turn over?

hanyoukimura

hanyoukimura

NO, If it was me I would save my 20 dollars and leave it into the salvage yard, its in a salvage yard for a reason. Unless you are looking for a mower to spend money on and want a challenge to see if you can do something with it. If you are looking for a cheap mower just to mow with look for a used mower that runs.

I don't need a mower, I have about 8 I've claimed for myself already! I was more curious if this was uncommon enough to be worth the trouble.

hanyoukimura

hanyoukimura

My chart doesn't even show a build code for 921 to say who built it. I scrapped a similar deck not long ago, it was too rotten to save. I agree though that $20 is a bit much for a non running mower in that shape, If you were to keep it for your collection I'd offer $5-10 if the deck is good enough to save. That being said, "collector" mowers like old Lawn Boys I've seen for $40 in rough, non running shape.

Next time I go by I might offer him $10 for it. $20 is indeed too much for what is probably just a deck at this point.

Does the engine turn over?

I'd be very surprised being that there's no cylinder head on it and its been visibly exposed to the elements.

Vervepipes

Vervepipes

Was that second mower supposed to be in your other thread?

hanyoukimura

hanyoukimura

Was that second mower supposed to be in your other thread?

LOL yep. Long day.