Export thread

World lawnmower speed record.

S

Smartaleck

I've just seen this on the web. It seems that an American man has done 96 MPH on a "104+" custom built ride on mower across the salt flats in Utah. This breaks the record held by a British man of 87 MPH. Cool, eh?

K

KennyV

RobertBRown posted the youtube about 15 minuets before you...
I saw that on yahoo news, too cool. I guess now you will have to tune up your rider to get the record back??? :smile:KennyV

S

Smartaleck

I'm really sorry about that, I should have checked but I was so excited when I saw the news I just couldn't wait! I'll bet our man is already in training. What a pity the mainstream news on TV doesn't carry this sort of story. :laughing:

K

KennyV

I'm really sorry about that, I should have checked but I was so excited when I saw the news I just couldn't wait! I'll bet our man is already in training. What a pity the mainstream news on TV doesn't carry this sort of story. :laughing:

No need to be sorry about postings concerning mowers...
can't get too many posts about fun things...

It will be interesting to see who gets the 100+ MPH mark.... :smile:KennyV

L

littleAudrey

I agree Kenny. I have read both posts and there's enough difference to make them both interesting. It looks like a lot of fun riding mowers, something I haven't yet done and I'm thinking that there must be somewhere where they stage lawnmower races mustn't there?

K

KennyV

mini tractor pulls are around here a lot... I have not seen any 'organized' speed competition with mowers/tractors... :smile:KennyV

M

MowTown

Considering how fast the grass grows in spring, sometimes I feel like I need a faster mower to keep up! (I swear I can HEAR it growing sometimes....)