Repairs Woods 6250 (GH 721) gas Left Wheel Locked Up.

concretetrucker126

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, needing some advice. Just picked up a Woods 6250 which is identical to the 721 gas. Its an older unit, It has the Gemini 771 hydros. My issue is the left drive wheel is bound tight. When I was first diagnosing it would spin fwd. an rev. a little bit and bind, but very quickly got to where it wont go either way....none at all. The Bypasses are off the right is strong, belts good. I cant even move the wheel if I release the bypass....its jammed tight. Was doing some looking around an someone had mentioned that the primarys in the final drive could be the cause. Does anyone have any input? Could the park brake be jammed? Tractor runs good just the wheel is jammed. Bought to fix an sell but im seeing here that these Gemini parts are like searching for gold. so Im wondering if its worth trying to fix or just part it out. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Woods.jpg
    Woods.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 14
  • hdhd.jpg
    hdhd.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 14

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Google: manual for Gemini 771 hydros

mdishinger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, needing some advice. Just picked up a Woods 6250 which is identical to the 721 gas. Its an older unit, It has the Gemini 771 hydros. My issue is the left drive wheel is bound tight. When I was first diagnosing it would spin fwd. an rev. a little bit and bind, but very quickly got to where it wont go either way....none at all. The Bypasses are off the right is strong, belts good. I cant even move the wheel if I release the bypass....its jammed tight. Was doing some looking around an someone had mentioned that the primarys in the final drive could be the cause. Does anyone have any input? Could the park brake be jammed? Tractor runs good just the wheel is jammed. Bought to fix an sell but im seeing here that these Gemini parts are like searching for gold. so Im wondering if its worth trying to fix or just part it out. Thanks guys.
I hope I can revive this post, I have the same exact issue. However my left wheel is still turning but getting worse.....Does anyone have any information? Please help.