Wiring Diagram for LT150

bartles

Threads
Working on a LT150(150B501718). Would appreciate a wiring diagram or guidance to find one. Thanks in advance!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most likely you will need to buy the technical manual for the LT150. Since I have yet to have one those in the shop I have purchased one myself. I do know that trying to get electrical schematoic from my local JD dealer is impossible which why I have to buy the manuals.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Same as Star
I have the LT 155 manual but not the LT 150.
For most other companies you would consider that close enough, but not JD as they do make major wiring changes even within a single model.
You get their technical manuals direct from their web site as a digital download.
People seem to jack up at the price but they are worth 10 times what they cost which is about 1 to 2 hours labour rate from most workshops so the first time you fix something that you would have sent the mower to the dealers then it has paid for itself

bartles

Threads
Same as Star
I have the LT 155 manual but not the LT 150.
For most other companies you would consider that close enough, but not JD as they do make major wiring changes even within a single model.
You get their technical manuals direct from their web site as a digital download.
People seem to jack up at the price but they are worth 10 times what they cost which is about 1 to 2 hours labour rate from most workshops so the first time you fix something that you would have sent the mower to the dealers then it has paid for itself
Thanks for your advice! I'm a shop of low to no volume?. I'll "trace n verify". Thanks again for responding!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are a shop then no excuses
The manual is a 100% tax write off and the time you save following the instructions about how to diagnose faults is invaluable
I invoice about 300 jobs a year ( hat includes single parts sales & I have bought 16 JD manuals
They have made me thousands as I can usually diagnose electrical faults in less than the hour that I bill for them .
So you can either faff around , spend 4 hours trying to find the problem & hope to recoup some of it from the customer or spend the money, buy the book & add 1/2 the cost to the labour fee .
I bought the repair run as a going business and it was 3 years in that I had to get the first JD manual.
If I had known how comprehensive they were I would have bought some in the first week.
They have made me a much better technician that I was before and made me thousands over the past 7 years .
Better still is 99% of what is in the JD manual is universal .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
A manual can be had for a low price; although, it may not the current one. Try checking on Tradebit site. There are some there for as low as $15. These are digital copies.

As I said some of the manual are not the latest ones as I got one that several years old and some of the information has since been updated but it is still useful for my purposes.

bartles

Threads
A manual can be had for a low price; although, it may not the current one. Try checking on Tradebit site. There are some there for as low as $15. These are digital copies.

As I said some of the manual are not the latest ones as I got one that several years old and some of the information has since been updated but it is still useful for my purposes.
Thanks!

bartles

Threads
If you are a shop then no excuses
The manual is a 100% tax write off and the time you save following the instructions about how to diagnose faults is invaluable
I invoice about 300 jobs a year ( hat includes single parts sales & I have bought 16 JD manuals
They have made me thousands as I can usually diagnose electrical faults in less than the hour that I bill for them .
So you can either faff around , spend 4 hours trying to find the problem & hope to recoup some of it from the customer or spend the money, buy the book & add 1/2 the cost to the labour fee .
I bought the repair run as a going business and it was 3 years in that I had to get the first JD manual.
If I had known how comprehensive they were I would have bought some in the first week.
They have made me a much better technician that I was before and made me thousands over the past 7 years .
Better still is 99% of what is in the JD manual is universal .
Thanks! I'm a shade tree who fixes up mowers that are "donated" to give to people with a need but little or no money.