Export thread

Winter gloves

M

mowerman05

What’s everyone use for winter gloves to stay warm and still have the ability to use your fingers for tool use.

BlazNT

BlazNT

I use thick leather with lining till I need to do something with my hands then I take them off.

Boobala

Boobala

I found that real leather gloves shrink when they get wet, I've got several pairs of fleece lined, gloves with an outer shell of "simulated leather" ( almost like a vinyl coating on them ) "TOASTY" but the only gloves I can ALMOST work with, are the thin "Mechanics-Gloves" ya find in most auto-parts stores.

willys55

willys55

what I use for plowing and just running the snow thrower......all other times I wear no gloves or the blue nitrate gloves from snapon
snapon gloves.jpg

M

mowerman05

I use thick leather with lining till I need to do something with my hands then I take them off.

That’s what I’ve been using as well but need more dexterity to drill and install screws all winter long.

M

mowerman05

I found that real leather gloves shrink when they get wet, I've got several pairs of fleece lined, gloves with an outer shell of "simulated leather" ( almost like a vinyl coating on them ) "TOASTY" but the only gloves I can ALMOST work with, are the thin "Mechanics-Gloves" ya find in most auto-parts stores.

Are the thin mechanics gloves very warm?

M

mowerman05

what I use for plowing and just running the snow thrower......all other times I wear no gloves or the blue nitrate gloves from snapon
View attachment 34859

Can I ask what the snap on gloves cost that you pictured?

Boobala

Boobala

Are the thin mechanics gloves very warm?

I'll say this, they are not as warm as my simulated leather gloves, but I can manage to do things for a brief period of time ( about an hour) , BUT I'm talkin temps. in the 30s to say 50s ( don't forget, I'm in Central Florida) yes that's freezing to us ! I did forget to mention, one pair of my older gloves, got ripped open by a brother in laws dog ... &#@%&*$#@$# !! I saw that the lining was a nylon covered foam rubber sort of the type of very thin foam rubber (used as a "pre-filter" in some briggs, engines and some shop-type canister vacuums) reminded me of my scuba diving wet-suit days, I STILL wanna kill that dog !! ( LOL ) I don't remember where I got them, but I've been lookin ever since, now those things were great for warmth, but as with most gloves, too hard, to say... turn a nut or small screw by fingers, any glove is a hinderance for small items or tight places, Sorry I can't be of more help than that, have you tried any gun-shops, some hunters gloves, are touted to be petty warm AND flexible !!

teka-teki.jpg

M

mowerman05

I'll say this, they are not as warm as my simulated leather gloves, but I can manage to do things for a brief period of time ( about an hour) , BUT I'm talkin temps. in the 30s to say 50s ( don't forget, I'm in Central Florida) yes that's freezing to us ! I did forget to mention, one pair of my older gloves, got ripped open by a brother in laws dog ... &#@%&*$#@$# !! I saw that the lining was a nylon covered foam rubber sort of the type of very thin foam rubber (used as a "pre-filter" in some briggs, engines and some shop-type canister vacuums) reminded me of my scuba diving wet-suit days, I STILL wanna kill that dog !! ( LOL ) I don't remember where I got them, but I've been lookin ever since, now those things were great for warmth, but as with most gloves, too hard, to say... turn a nut or small screw by fingers, any glove is a hinderance for small items or tight places, Sorry I can't be of more help than that, have you tried any gun-shops, some hunters gloves, are touted to be petty warm AND flexible !!

View attachment 34866
Thanks for the reply and no I’ve not check into any gun shops but will do so in the next week, great idea plus just might find a new gun I have to have ?

willys55

willys55

Can I ask what the snap on gloves cost that you pictured?
$60

M

mowerman05

Any idea on a product or part number, thanks.

Boobala

Boobala

Heres something to check and give ya some idea's, the gloves I mentioned in earlier post looked SIMILAR to the Aufwarmen type on this site, NOW ya got me looking to see if I can find those baby's again !!

http://www.reloaderaddict.com/best-thin-winter-gloves-review/

willys55

willys55

Any idea on a product or part number, thanks.
I just walk on the snap on truck and buy them, don't know anything more than that.

I did buy a pair of snapon Tow truck gloves two years ago, paid 100.00 for them ......limited addition, says wrecker right on the cuff...LOL super comfy and warm

Boobala

Boobala

Hard to find a pair of gloves that fit, Russian "fingers N Roman hands" !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Hard to find a pair of gloves that fit, Russian "fingers N Roman hands" !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

That's what she said. :laughing:

Boobala

Boobala

That's what she said. :laughing:

I've "suffered" ( LOL ) with this ailment since Jr. High School, when I first REALLY noticed the 2 legged lumpy critters that capture all our attention, finally married one !! ..:laughing:..:laughing: ( damn good thing I'm NOT a politician or famous !! )

Bad time to be a politician fer sure. :laughing: them crooked bastids.

Boobala

Boobala

Bad time to be a politician fer sure. :laughing: them crooked bastids.

Same for the "Hollywood" pervs and pedophiles,and don't forget the TV clowns also ! I'm thinking we're gonna see a bunch more of this exposure, I'll bet there's a lot of guy's losin sleep on this issue.

15808676-smiley-emoticons-face-vector-shocking-expression-e1414461813174.jpg

That is a sure bet, & agree many are not sleeping well worrying. :laughing:

NorthBama

NorthBama

I though a groper was some king of furry animal :laughing:

Boobala

Boobala

I though a groper was some king of furry animal :laughing:

NO, a GROPER is fish ! , with "Russin Fingers, N Roman hands," you been sittin too close to the "still" ..AGAIN !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

M

Mr. Ed

Gore Tex ski gloves. Not much bulk, breathable, waterproof, and provide enough dexterity for most operations.

NO, a GROPER is fish ! , with "Russin Fingers, N Roman hands," you been sittin too close to the "still" ..AGAIN !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Actually, Groupers are fish of any of a number of genera in the subfamily Epinephelinae of the family Serranidae, in the order Perciformes.

A Groper is someone like the politicians groping the gals.

Boobala

Boobala

Actually, Groupers are fish of any of a number of genera in the subfamily Epinephelinae of the family Serranidae, in the order Perciformes.

A Groper is someone like the politicians groping the gals.

OK Numbers, I know the difference between a Groper and a Grouper,I live in Fl., where we USED to have a few GIANT Groupers they called "Jewfish" back in the day, some up to 800 lbs. What I posted was in jest ! or are you jesting me ?? ( LOL )

http://www.lagooner.com/fish-species/index.php?species_id=20

Boobala

Boobala

Good Mornin ya'll : Been up late readin about fixing my wifes printer, been down this road before, but I'm hoping someday, someone will post the repair Manual for this printer, I found a very good you tube of disassembly, but I need further details, also saving the info. off my old puter, .. lot's of reading and lot's of naps !

gm 1.jpg

BlazNT

BlazNT

So you want us to help you with a printer that we have no idea what it is and on a thread, you are hijacking???

:laughing: just in jest Boo.

F

free_safety

The temps in my area often reach as low as -15. I f I absolutely have to work outside, I wear two gloves. First layer is leather. Second layer is a thick foam glove

cpurvis

cpurvis

Temps reach -15F in my area, too, but you won't find me out in them. 0F is the limit for me, and only if the wind isn't blowing.

The warmest gloves I've found were some Army Surplus gloves that use an outer shell of leather and thick wool inserts.

Boobala

Boobala

These are probably the WARMEST you will EVER find ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:thumbsup:

9FK4uat.jpg

M

mowerman05

Tough to get anything done with those on.?

Boobala

Boobala

Tough to get anything done with those on.

Yeah, there's a lot of "draw-backs" in life, some we just HAVE to tolerate !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

These are probably the WARMEST you will EVER find ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:thumbsup:

attachment.php

Yep, those are the best imo. :thumbsup: :laughing:

P

Point37

KINCO 1927-L Men's Lined Grain Pigskin Gloves, Heat Keep Lining, Large, Golden

some of the search and rescue teams from NH use them...they work great

M

mowerman05

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions as I’m going to try a couple different ones, starting with boobala suggestion.:thumbsup:

B

bertsmobile1

FWIW I ride motorcycle a lot.
Back when I was fit ,young & healthy I used rabbit fir linned leather gloves on the bike.
I think they were WWII surplus.
Now days when the fingers are neither as strong or dexterious I use heavy mechanics nitrile gloves under a pair of heavy duty riggers gloves.
Enough feel to roll a condom onto a frogs old fella but toasty warm on your hands.
Only down side is the tendency to make your hands sweat but I just swap the nitrile gloves every hour or so.
At 10¢ a pair, cheap enough to throw away, evcept I am too cheap for that & they dry off in my pocket after an hour or so.

P

Point37

^^^this works...old dirt biker trick to keep your hands warm under thin gloves so you can still have dexterity and feel everything