Winter fertilizer of choice?

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
We all know different soils need different fertilizers so what fertilizers are you putting down?

Threads
We all know different soils need different fertilizers so what fertilizers are you putting down?

I usually do a 10-10-10 from Lowes we have pretty nuetral soil here. I have had the thought of putting some lime on it though as well because I havent put lime down in about 5 years now. I plan to test it first though.

Last edited:

possum

Threads
Not many fertilize here period much less in the fall. Few nice yards are done by a pro. My own yard I use the Scotts winterizer. Couple of times every fall. Most of the time I have some leftover. I get tired of seeing it in storage by spring and use it up in May on something that looks like it could use it. I can tell no difference in winter and summer fertilizers.

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
I usually do a 10-10-10 from Lowes we have pretty nuetral soil here. I have had the thought of putiing some lime on it though as well because I havent put lime down in about 5 years now. I plan to test it first though.

12-12-12 is used here quite a bit, from the Andersons company.

Threads
12-12-12 is used here quite a bit, from the Andersons company.

I had heard from someone that the higher nitrogen helps keep the dandelions in check? They said they cant handle the higher dose of nitrogen, and it kills them?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't do any winter fertilizer seems like a waste lol I just hit it.hard.in the spring late march I use 30-0-0 and early spring I use 20-20-20 from wilbur Ellis