Export thread

Why did this happen?

2ball

2ball

I have turned my push mowers on their side to get oil out and this never happens.
This mower was fine after.

B

bertsmobile1

Yes just oil running into the cylinder
Vertical shaft engines do not like running on slopes

S

slomo

Head gasket time.

Man you got the James Bond Series tractor there. Don't start pressing those buttons you don't know what they do. Might light off an anti-tank missle LOL.

You should cut that grass in different directions too. You can see you cut it the same direction every time.

2ball

2ball

Head gasket time.

Man you got the James Bond Series tractor there. Don't start pressing those buttons you don't know what they do. Might light off an anti-tank missle LOL.

You should cut that grass in different directions too. You can see you cut it the same direction every time.
Hard to tell on the video, but I am cutting on a slope so big that I tried to sit on the fender to keep from sliding off the seat. When I did that the seat safety started to shut the engine off, so I sat on the seat and the mower backfired. She is an oil burner, so before the cut I added oil and the oil level was extra high. I don't understand the inside of an engine and how oil can leak into the cylinder, but I hope that's all that happened. The mower has worked perfect since then.

That little slope and the wide turning radius gives me a hard time cutting it any other direction, but you are right, that lawn has been getting cut in the same direction since 09/20.

S

slomo

Keep the oil at the full mark only. It is hard on the engine when you over fill. Does a lot of nasty things to the oil. Doesn't help engine life at all.

I saw you get stuck and that cracked me up. Was thinking how the heck does a lawn tractor get stuck on that tiny slope. Then the James Bond smoke screen kicked out. Was freaking funny..... (y) o_O

T

Tinkerer200

Why don't you just cut up and down instead of crosswise?
Walt Conner

OldNoob

OldNoob

Make sure the oil level is not too full. some suggest running it below the "full" mark